The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a fan of simplicity so this sight has had me intrigued for a while but not intrigued enough to spend $130.A buddy of mine bought one and hasn't used it so I borrowed it.It was very easy to set up but I wasn't crazy about it and decided against it after a couple of days.Curiosity got the best of me so I decided to give it another whirl.I gotta say,all of the sudden,it just clicked and now I'm really liking it.I don't know if anyone else had tried one but I think I'm gonna not give it back to my buddy and use it for the rest of the season.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
I'm glad to hear you liked it because when I watched a couple of videos, my first thought was that it was made to order for me. I wish the bracketry was made a little better like a normal high quality sight. That part of it looks cheap.

·
Registered
20,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually,it's built like a tank.I pulled it out this morning before I went to work and shot 5 arrows at unknown distances between about 25-45 yards and busted 3 of the five arrows.I need to hit some 3D shoots to be 100% sure but I think it's a winner.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Never heard of it before, checked it out online. An interesting concept.

Without having seen it up close or tried it, my concern would be how much of your sight picture is obscured.

I hunt woods, not fields, and with a deer browsing along trying to position that sight and not lose track of small braches and such could present a challenge. But with some practice it might come easy I suppose.

And those images they show of deer at different angles seem to not be elevated views from a tree stand. For me, a treestand/woods guy, I just dont get ethical shot chances much longer than 30 yards. Just too much stuff in the way. And thats what makes my stands good ones. Thats not everyone, just my situation.

I also like simple, and smart. Two or three pins, know your distances from your stand and learn how to judge distances in the woods from treestand angles.

Time will tell, like everything else technology introduces.

·
Registered
20,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One of the nice thing about it,is the sight picture is actually very open.To me it's not a very effective long range sight but it's the real real under 45 yards.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Average Jack Archery on youtube did a video on this sight. I'd like to try one, but definitely not dropping $130 on it, just to try it. Here's a link to his video.

·
Registered
20,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I felt the same way so I borrowed one off a buddy.Mine came in the mail yesterday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts