The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started needing to wear my eye glasses full time. Found my binocs difficult to see well thru. What do you long time wearers do to make it work? Thanks

·
Registered
12,252 Posts
I remove my eyeglasses to use binocs. I have the same problem that you have.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Leupold makes binos with adjustable eye cups. They turn down for wear with glasses. I use them all the time with sunglasses on!

·
Super Moderator
24,066 Posts
I take them off to hunt with I can see through a scope or binos better, but I do wear them when turkey hunting so I can see the fiber optic sights on my shotgun.

·
Registered
12,166 Posts
I use a monocular but I still need to take the glasses off or the lense will get all smutched up from the rubber eye cup.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I have to remove my glasses when I need to use my binocs too.

I bought one of those old lady strap things that my grandma used to have for her glasses - they go around your neck so you don't drop your glasses - and I just whip off my glasses and let them hang, and I bring up my binocs.

I saw a nice camo-colored strap when I was at one of the gift shops down at Ohiopyle, and I figured I would try it. Works well.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I've worn glasses pretty much my entire life. I guess after years of looking through scopes and such, I'm just used to it.

Best bet would be to take them off or jack them up on your forehead.

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
Many binoculars (and many 35mm cameras) have a diopter adjustment. Check it out. For most people, changing the diopter adjustment will allow you see well with the binoculars with glasses off.

If you lost the instructions, try doing a search online about how to make the adjustment.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Use to roll the eyecups or push them up with the binocs. Got ILASIK last year. Now all I need are a pair of cheap readers to fill out the tags.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts