The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions on binoculares for eye glass wearers.I'm getting older and just started using glasses. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I wear glasses, and i use Nikon binos... I have two different pair.... one ulta compact for just tossing into a small pack and a larger pair for the better power and view.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
get a pair that the plastic eye cups twist in.. wearing glasses you have to fold down the ruber eye parts and they get brittle and brake because of that so having the ones that screw in helps alot.. personaly i use the nikon 7-15x35s

·
Registered
11,717 Posts
All binoculars sold today have eyecups that can be collapsed for those who where glasses.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
As Salvage said get a pair with rubber eye cups and also get the ones with invividual focus for each eye piece. Set them up for your eyes wearing glasses and you will be in business.

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Also, the eye piece objective. The bigger they are, the more eye relief they will have! I wear glasses, and found this out. I use a pair of Bushnell Trophy.

·
Registered
746 Posts
This is a good article on eye relief and people that wear glasses. I use a Nikon Monarch.

http://www.bestbinocularsreviews.com/long-eye-relief-binoculars.php

Be sure to consider magnification too. I bought a 10X and I wish I had gotten an 8X. The lower the magnification the easier it is to focus on the subject (image is less jumpy). I guess it depends on how steady you are. Try different magnificatons in the store.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I have a pair of leupold 10x rogues that the eyepieces turn in and a pair of steiner predator pros that have the rubber eyepieces. I use the steiners when I have the contacts in and the leupolds when I have the glasses on.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks so much for all the info.It takes the experts to tell you whats going on.I will put my new found info to good use when I buy my binos very soon. Thanks again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts