The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always been a ruger guy. However these new howa rifles in highlander with cerakote in 22-250 have really caughty eye. Does anyone have any experience with them and have an opinion? Also I believe they come with a nikko sterling scope which I've never been around. Any input would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I personally love the scope. It's the biggest power scope that I've ever had. I cranked it to 16x and it's amazing how big the target was at 100 yards. I really like the entire package.

·
Registered
11,714 Posts
I have had two. Both were excellent rifles. They are one of the best values out there.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the 308 target master20 inch heavy barrel.i think that they are one of the best kept secrets.for the price you get metal trigger guard an bottom metal,an they tend to shoot lights out.ive done .3 5 shot groups with 155 amax reloads.rigbt now I'm waiting for the mini action in 6.5 grendal to hit the stores.
Kawie

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I appreciate the input. None of the local gunshots carry any of these howas. The website has an msrp of around 950. Doesn't anyone know a real world price?

·
Registered
574 Posts
I don't know as I bought mine from an old Army buddy for a pretty decent price. After I paid shipping and transfer fee it all added up to between $850-$900.

I wonder if Academy Sports has exclusive selling rights or if local shops are able to get them through a distributor.

·
Registered
11,714 Posts
Do an "advanced search" on Gunbroker and see what the price was for those that have sold.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts