The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of buying this model...Anyone here have any thoughts or can comment on this bow,,Good /bad, or whatever//Thanks,,,bruce.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I bought one last year. Very accurate. I almost get bored shooting it because it's not very challenging. I'm always hitting within a "kill zone" of a deer. I shoot out to 40 yards and have no problems with my grouping.

Some people says the excalibur's are louder than a compound bow. I don't know, I don't have anything to compare to.

When I was choosing a brand of crossbow to buy. I heard a lot of good things about a lot of different manuf. Everyone once in a while I would hear a bad review. But I never heard anyone say anything bad about an excalibur....

I'd buy another one if I were to do it over again.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
They are loud but at 330 sound isnt as important
You will not be dissapointed.
With the recurve limbs its easy to maintain
The only downfall to recurve limbs is the size of them. Cumbersome in a tree...
I would not hesitate to buy

·
Registered
696 Posts
Got mine last year. My son and I both got a buck with it. No problems with it, and my son bought his own this year. I would recomend it to anyone. Easy operation and maintanence.

·
Super Moderator
4,589 Posts
I have an Exocet 200 and my son has the new Axiom.We have no complaints.I agree on the width and noise issue.We took that into consideration prior to our purchase though.We are happy hunters.Good luck whatever you decide just have fun.

·
Super Moderator
4,589 Posts
Oh and the Vortex will shoot just like an Exocet but has the thumb hole stock.That is really the only difference other than the Vortex costs more because of the stock.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I like my Vortex, shoots well. If i had it to do over i would buy the 175# excal only because i think it would lower the noise level and extend string life.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts