The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
12,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey on Facebook, Excalibur is coming out with a new bow called the Matrix. Says the details will be on the site by week's end. Anyone know what it is? I hope it is a narrower version of the Vortex. The promo says Matrix changes everything.

·
Registered
19,982 Posts
Heard about the new bow but do not have any details. Excalibur makes minor changes every year as they like to keep making what they know sells and works.

Could be a adjustable draw weight bow. The fronts are all the same on Excals. Would be pretty easy to make a adjustable barrel to change draw stroke and the name would fit that idea.

·
Registered
19,982 Posts
Many are also wishing excal would make a narrower bow. But, short recurve limbs and speed usually do not go hand and hand. Unless the limbs were very heavy of course but that opens up another can of worms as well.

·
Registered
12,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dpms said:
Many are also wishing excal would make a narrower bow. But, short recurve limbs and speed usually do not go hand and hand. Unless the limbs were very heavy of course but that opens up another can of worms as well.
Unfortunately that is the reality.
A man has to have his dreams though.
If they ever do figure out how to do it though, they probably wouldn't be able to make them fast enough.

·
Registered
19,982 Posts
If the outline is close to the real thing, the power stroke looks short and the limbs look much narrower than the typical Excal.

·
Registered
12,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The rumor floating around is that it is narrower and shoots 400 FPS with a recurve design. If that is true that will be pretty interesting.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
I know the details, but made a promise that I wouldn't say before the release date. Let's just say that this is the crossbow many of you were hoping Excalibur would build and leave it at that for now. It's still a recurve, but very different than the Excal you have come to know. I was told that 4 years of testing went into this.

·
Registered
19,982 Posts
cspot said:
The rumor floating around is that it is narrower and shoots 400 FPS with a recurve design. If that is true that will be pretty interesting.
Excal usually specs everything out with a 350 grain arrow so their speeds are kinda deceiving on the surface. Even it they advertise 400fps, most will be getting maybe 365fps with the typical 425 grain arrow.

·
Registered
12,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I found some rumored specs on the new releases. Again this is just a rumor. Don't know if this is fact yet, but man if it is, it will end up costing me some money next year.

matrix 355pfs, 11" power stroke
6" narrower
4" shorter
ap camo
260 lb. draw
Retail $899

matrix 380, 12.5" power stroke
same length
ap camo or carbon fiber black
280 lb. draw
retail $1100

·
Registered
12,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
According to Facebook, the info will be put on their website by the end of next week. Not sure when they will actually start shipping to the dealers. Again what I posted above is just rumored specs and pricing. Nothing official yet. Callmaker IIRC their suggested retail price is usually higher than what you actually end up paying when buying from a dealer like Arrowhead.

·
Registered
12,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Another pic from their Facebook page.

·
Registered
19,982 Posts
Scope is very compact compared to typical Excal offerings. Looks like a winner but the jury will be out until it hits the streets.

·
Registered
12,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
dpms said:
Looks like a winner but the jury will be out until it hits the streets.
Yeah, I am excited about it, but I won't be rushing out to buy one. I will give it some time to make sure there are no bugs. Although if they have done 4 years of testing I would imagine the bugs should be pretty well worked out. This might be my bow in a couple of years.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts