The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering if there would be a market for a hard crossbow case for the Excalibur crossbows. Would you buy it, if it were available for under $120 ??

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm almost postive it will fit the Middleton, as there appears to be plenty of clearance with the Excalibur pictured above.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Would it fit an eastman X-force 800, can't seem to find a case that has enough depth

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have some cases coming in late next week that should fit the Eastman. Can you give me some measurements?

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
I use a hard x-bow because I often fly to where I'm hunting.
Presently I use a SKB 2 rifle case with wheels,; my bow takes down into stock/scope and bow assemblies. I always check the scope after shipping and reassmebly, it always is right on.

For years there were no hard x-bow cases. now they are available, but man are they bulky. they take up a lot of room in a hunting vehicle, so I see them as air travel only. Does the one you show have wheels for sirport movement?

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I haven't actually seen one yet. Others are saying the are very solid and durable, but no mention of wheels. I'm sure you could put wheels on it, if it were something that you desired.

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
not to highjack this thread....but i used a plano 44 compound hard case to carry and store my excalibur xbow....all i need to do is take the two riser bolts out that hold it to the rail....

i also notched out some plastic for the foot stirrup to fit into the handle....

i also used a plano fishing box bolted to the lid to hold what i need out hunting....i had an extra quvier mounting block i bolted to the lid to hold my quiver....the only thing i see i'll need is thicker foam over the foam that came with the case....i think i got it from cabela's for bout 45 bucks too, once again sorry but i wasn't trying to highjack this thread but give other options for a hardcase
...........bob

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks good Bob.
After further study, it seems the cost of the hard case would come in at nearly $149 I doubt that I'm going to be importing them at the moment. The shipping costs are just too high. I might look into driving up there this winter and just pick some up.

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
thx AH and only cost me 45 bucks too
.........bob

1 - 14 of 14 Posts