The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I use a hard x-bow because I often fly to where I'm hunting.
Presently I use a SKB 2 rifle case with wheels,; my bow takes down into stock/scope and bow assemblies. I always check the scope after shipping and reassmebly, it always is right on.

For years there were no hard x-bow cases. now they are available, but man are they bulky. they take up a lot of room in a hunting vehicle, so I see them as air travel only. Does the one you show have wheels for sirport movement?

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
not to highjack this thread....but i used a plano 44 compound hard case to carry and store my excalibur xbow....all i need to do is take the two riser bolts out that hold it to the rail....

i also notched out some plastic for the foot stirrup to fit into the handle....

i also used a plano fishing box bolted to the lid to hold what i need out hunting....i had an extra quvier mounting block i bolted to the lid to hold my quiver....the only thing i see i'll need is thicker foam over the foam that came with the case....i think i got it from cabela's for bout 45 bucks too, once again sorry but i wasn't trying to highjack this thread but give other options for a hardcase
...........bob

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks good Bob.
After further study, it seems the cost of the hard case would come in at nearly $149 I doubt that I'm going to be importing them at the moment. The shipping costs are just too high. I might look into driving up there this winter and just pick some up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.