The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Excalibur Equinox wont latch to cock

I just bought this x-bow and went to shoot it today and when I draw it back it wont stay cocked? I had a cheaper excalibur so I am familiar with how to cock them. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Re: Excalibur Equinox wont latch to cock

My thoughts also , the safe has to be in the fire position to cock it.

·
Registered
20,014 Posts

Safety must be in the fire position. The Equinox can be a bear to cock fully. Shorten your rope up so that you have to pull the string up to hook the rope cocker onto it. That provides better leverage at the end of the stroke to firmly engage the string latch. That bow is easy to short stroke.

Also, with the bow uncocked and no arrow on the rail, move the safety to fire and try to pull the trigger. It may click and reset everything.

If that doesn't do it, I have no idea what is wrong.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts

Sometimes you will get rail lube in the trigger mechanism and it will prevent it from cocking completely. You will need to have the trigger box flushed out and cleaned. If you are close to me, I can do it for you.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts

BUCKSLAYER15 said:
Make sure the safety is off...
Thats what i was thinking

·
Registered
3,683 Posts

According to what i read about my excalibur...the only "rail lube" was from the bow string wax that you put on your serving...they say that is all that needed

·
Registered
20,014 Posts

Anything new on this, 243?

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

No called Excalibur this morning and they gave me a Return Authorization #. I ship it to Woody's in Wernersville PA and they will do the work on it. Excalibur said they will throw in a new string to compensate me for the postage to Woodys. Could not convince her to send me a Matrix...lol

·
Registered
20,014 Posts

243kid said:
Could not convince her to send me a Matrix...lol
I bet you couldn't as well.
hopefully, problem fixed in a hurry for you. Excal has great service.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts