The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good , bad the ugly...havent seen a bad review yet on the net...experts out there what's your take?

·
Registered
18,625 Posts
I own a Excal Vortex and have shot most of the other Excals as well. The Axiom will be easy to cock, bulletproof and require little maintenance.

As with all recurves, they are wider and louder than compound styles. The Axiom is on the low end of the speed spectrum for crossbows as well.

Overall a very nice bow that is just about perfect for whitetails.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
In my mind it's one of the best crossbows Excalibur makes. Light, good trigger and enough power for reasonable distances. It's also easy to cock, fun to shoot and dead solid reliable. Only downside I see is it's a bit wide. Add the string stoppers, they are worth it to me.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool thanks...had one delivered today so we hope it does good!

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
one question in the package for the limb assembly there are 2 plastic washers..where do they go..between the limbs and stock or under the stock with the mounting bolts...dvd doesnt say...thanks

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
when i got my excalibur the limbs/riser were together already as a unit, yours are apart
......bob

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
I'm going to assume that they are the ones with a tapered seat?? The riser fits to the top of the barrel in the notch and they go against the bottom of the barrel and the screws go through them into the barrel and thread into the riser.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
arrowhead said:
I'm going to assume that they are the ones with a tapered seat?? The riser fits to the top of the barrel in the notch and they go against the bottom of the barrel and the screws go through them into the barrel and thread into the riser.
no not those ones...these are plastic about 1" dia. they have a 5/16 hole and are around .060 thick...almost like a shim...I thought maybe there for if the limbs sat too low below the rail that they can be used to shim it up alittle?

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I sent out an email last night butif I dont hear from soon I will call...thanks

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I got the same setup and also had the two plastic washers. I put them under the metal coutersunk one.

Arrowhead I am new to the crossbow so what did you mean the string stops? Is this something you sell?

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Yes. The S5 string stoppers for the Excalibur really help to take out noise and vibration. (at least to me they do) They bolt to the riser of the bow and were designed by Excalibur.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Been thinking about this one. Trado is correct the Axiom does use thin plastic washers between barrel and countersunk washer. (it's been one of those days for a while now...LOL)

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
cool ...will out them there...got it sited in tonight....me bad almost robin hooded at 30 yards deflected off nock took off vane...lol guess thats close enough for me...lol

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Make sure the nock you deflected off of won't cut your string. Sometimes they will get a sharp burr on them and it will tear things up.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
arrowhead said:
Make sure the nock you deflected off of won't cut your string. Sometimes they will get a sharp burr on them and it will tear things up.
yeah I cleaned it up seems nice n smooth
thanks

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ordered the S5's yesterday...can't wait till I hunt with it Monday!

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Love mine! First year in the fraternity for me and I took an 8 point in archery season with it. Simple and well built

1 - 19 of 19 Posts