The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's everybody doing so far this season? I got 2 doe one in the inline muzzle loader season and one two days ago with the 6.5 Creedmoor, I haven't seen any buck or bear. Maybe in the flintlock season I'll get a shot at a buck.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Shot a doe on the first day of archery with my recurve, bear with my 3006 on the last day of rifle bear, 9 point the first day of rifle deer and a doe with my flintlock on the first Saturday. Sure has been a great year for me so far. Have a 2d tag left and a dmap tag for cameron county that will be saved for flintlock season.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
The season got off to a slow start, and seems to be staying that way for me this year.

Got a 5 point with the bow early on, one doe with the 20ga slug gun during the old guy portion of early muzzleloader, and a big doe yesterday with the 20 ga again. i'm done till after Christmas now, time to process yesterdays doe, then put the time iin on the range with the GPR 54 till it settles in for flintlock season.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Nothing yet. Lots of close calls in archery but nothing close enough. Several does and sublegal bucks during buck only portion of rifle season. Now that we are concurrent its only been sublegal bucks. But I'm headed out again today after I drop my daughter off at the bus stop. Its good and cold. Something has to give.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Got a buck on the next to last day of archery after passing on several throughout.

Got a doe on Saturday and passed on several others after that. Still have a tag left.

No bear sightings this year.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Been an awesome year so far. Got my 8 year old daughter her first deer the archery opener, then followed that with her first buck (an 8 pt). I got a bear with the muzzleloader, then a muzzleloader doe the next morning, got a mature 8 the first morning of rifle, then filled a state forest dmap on Friday. Took my wife out Saturday and she filled both of her doe tags. I also got a 42" Newfoundland bull moose in October.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Archery
1 doe in 2A
8 pt in 2A

Rifle
1 doe in 2A

Struck out in muzzleloader and rifle for bear (I did see one in muzzy though)

Headed to camp after work to hunt Friday and Saturday I have a 2G doe tag burning a hole in my pocket

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The season got off to a slow start, and seems to be staying that way for me this year.

Got a 5 point with the bow early on, one doe with the 20ga slug gun during the old guy portion of early muzzleloader, and a big doe yesterday with the 20 ga again. i'm done till after Christmas now, time to process yesterdays doe, then put the time iin on the range with the GPR 54 till it settles in for flintlock season.
Next week I'm taken my T/C Hawken 50 to the range and run some T/C 275grn. Maxi Hunters through it make sure I can still hit the bulls eye haha. We got a long time to hunt this year with the flinters.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Archery season was very good for my son and I we both got 8 pts and multiple doe. Freezer is pretty full. I haven't gun hunted much at all. Helped do some pushes for family and friends the first week of gun and we hardly saw anything except sub legal bucks. Last night I sat on stand for a doe and kicked out 2 bucks bedded near my ladder stand. One was a very large buck. Ended up seeing another nice tall 6 pt and a small doe. Today I pushed a briar patch always overlooked by other hunters on a heavily hunted property for a buddy. I saw 3 bucks and 2 were studs. My buddy saw the one big one but did not have a good shot. The one big one tried to circle back and I could of easily shot it. This patch is so thick I wear my Mules and have crawl some of it.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Interesting observation: of the 12 successful hunters mentioned, 11 of them have archery kills. Imagine that statistic just 20 years ago! Archery hunting is alive and well👍

·
Registered
150 Posts
It’s been a great season for me... 7 point with a bow, shot a bear the first day of regular bear firearms season and shot a big doe here in 1B Saturday. Going to camp tommorow to try and fill my 2F doe tag... then it’s onto beagles and bunnies after this Saturday!

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
It’s been a good season for me.
7 point in archery. And a doe in 2D last Saturday.
Still have two tags left 2B. And 2 D
Saving them both for Flintlock season.
Can’t wait to hunt in the snow!!
No bear sightings for me this year.

Reactions: Waynzee

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
I got an 8 point in archery, Nov. 11th.

Been trying to get my kids to get their first deer but haven't been out much due to activities.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Very nice dce👍🏻 Your son is a deer killin machine! Your obviously doing a A+ job teaching him.

Up to 16 out of 17 successful hunters with archery kills this season

1 - 20 of 31 Posts