The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was going to buy some evergreens this year from Howard nursery for some thermal cover. Since they are not taking orders this year any advice on where to buy some seedlings. Thank you in advance

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Check with your county. Armstrong County has their own seedling sale that I buy just about every year. They won't ship though.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I plan to pick up some from my local soil and water conservation district. They are more expensive but also larger stock than the PGC sells. I'll probably only buy a few dozen vs 100-300 when buying from the PGC.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I have purchased from Pine Grove nursery and been very happy with their stock. I have 100 of their norway spruce seedlings coming this spring to add to the 250 I have already planted from them.

·
Registered
103 Posts
We have had good luck with the Virginia Department of Forestry seedlings when others in the area did not have what we were looking for.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Dukefan3916 try Strathmeyers (I think correct spelling) in Dover ,Pa. They sell evergreen trees. I believe they are still in business ,seeing you live in York county.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts