The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out in the spring turkey woods. or in the archery deer woods in the fall. And all your problems of the world jus seem to disapeer. Or time just stands still. I always think to my self if there any one else in the woods with me is thinking about the same things I am at that very moment. And you see head lights in the early mornin of passing cars goin by or hearin a plain goin by and wonderin if they are a hunter wishin to be in the place and peace of mind I am in at that very moment. Or if they even relize whats out in the woods that god put here for us to enjoy. Im sorry not very good at theses things but just how I feel.

·
Registered
16,275 Posts

You are very good at this.... because I feel the same way and understand your every thought.

It's a special place out there for sure... something that we as hunters appreciate and love for more than just squeezing the trigger.

The alone time does it for me in itself, just as it does for you. Time alone to think, time alone to not think, time alone to escape into your own paradise.

I have yet to find something in life that satisfies my nerves like hunting. And it's for the same reasons you listed...

Thanks for sharing fella!

·
Registered
333 Posts
I agree with you. I often think what i would due if there was no hunting season. I think i would be lost and clueless. Hunting season is something i look forward to each and every year. I began archery hunting last year and i had some of the best days in a tree ever. I used to not be able to sit still in the woods but once i got my bow in my hand it was like i became a new person and can sit there most of the day and think about all the good things hunting has done for me.
Ive spent many house with my family hunting, mostly my dad and brother.
Ive spend many hours in the garage butchering deer with the family. Uncles, cuzens, etc.
I have now been dating a girl for 2 years and her entire family hunts. I have had some great times at thier camp, i actually took my first archery deer with her family. SHe also hunts and I knew i had the right girl when she told me she hunted, then it really hit home when i was sitting in the tree stand with her in archery season :).

Hunting has been a huge part of my life and i am only 22. I hope i have many more years of hunting with the present family and family in the future.
I would not be the hunter i am today if it was not from the way i was raised from my parents. Thanks MOM and DAD

·
Registered
10,309 Posts
I gotta say I'm only focused on my/our(son) experience.

I've never given any thought to what passerbys are doing or thinking.

Nice post though.

·
Administrator
31,066 Posts
Sorry, but my answer is No I dont think of none of those things when I'm in the woods. I'm out there to soak it up, not analyze it.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I truly love being in the woods before dawn in the
early fall waiting for squirrels to appear. Really cold
windless sunny days.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I dont think of it as analyzeing it one bit. To me it is soaking it all up and takeing it all in. nothing wrong with thinking while in the woods. to me its the best place to think

1 - 15 of 15 Posts