The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
900 Posts
West Virginia. No issues.NO deer either!! LOL!

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
I hunted in Canada for caribou with mine and I'll be hunting in Kansas next month for deer.

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
I've hunted the Maryland firearms season with an in-line. Didn't get anything though. My father did the same thing, he shot a ton, made enough smoke for a civil war reenactment, and came home with nothing as well. That was one heck of a funny morning.

·
Banned
900 Posts
Leaving for Maine Bear hunt on Friday. Taking it as a back up to the flinter!!

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Ive hunted in Harford Co. MD and York Co. PA and have taken several nice doe with my TC Blackdiamond using 100 gr pyrodex and a 295gr hollow point powerbelt. Once I made the mistake of using 150 gr of triple 7------I could put my fist in the hole on the inside rib cavity!

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Since I live in VA. I hunt it every year with an in-line. The rutt falls right smack in the middle of the in-line season. If I can resist the urge and actually hang up the bow, I'll break out the in-line muzzleloader...

·
Premium Member
23,851 Posts
Whitetail Predtr said:
Any of you every hunt in another state using an inline muzzleloader? If so, where at?
Did 2 inline TN Hog Hunts in past 5 years. One with my White Super 91 .504 & one with a Savage 10 ML Smokeless inline.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Went down to North Carolina numerous times the season for muzzle guns coincided with the rut. Shot quite a few good deer. Now this year the season is in October, way too hot for my liking.

·
Registered
13,867 Posts
Aint much cooler in Sept. Bowhunting either!

·
Registered
217 Posts
I hunted NJ last year for their Muzzleloader opener liked it so much I am going back again this year. It is the same as opening week of buck here , so I hunt M-W in NJ for either 2 doe or a doe and a buck and then head back to PA and hunt H-S for my 2 tags as well. Only got one deer last year but I didn't get too much time back here in PA.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
NJ rocks just stay their and shoot a monster. plus LOT LESS CHANCE of getting shot. ill be over their shooting deer and ducks them two weeks. i love deer hunting but i want nothing to do with the pa woods during rifel season even on prvate land

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Have used my TC blackdiamond in Ohio the last few years for muzzleloader season and their gun season. Like it better than my slug gun! Have taken doe, no buck with it yet...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts