The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
20,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So without going out and purchasing an expensive meat slicer, I am trying to figure out a poor mans way of being able to cut meat at fairly perfect ¼” slices. Does anyone have any at home strategies for pulling this off without the slicer. I mean, I can get close by hand but it never really works out and I have slices all over the place that are too thick and thin. I wish there was some sort of plastic jig or something else I could use. Anyone do anything special for evenly sliced meat???

·
20,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
shooter said:
Take a piece of hardwood and make a fillet board. Make the sides stick up 1/4" higher than the center. I have 2 I use for making venison steaks and fajita or jerky meat. One is 1/4" and one 3/8". Coat them with vegetable oil after you wash them each time.
This is a great idea.

John, I am referring to raw uncooked and still mostly frozen meat although I cant say it is always perfectly semi frozen due to work and thawing schedules not being on the same page. Even with a sharp knife i still end up with some chunky of paper thin spots and it makes me work harder and pay more attention when smoking. I guess I am not that good at free-handing it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.