The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son and I did a trail run at Evensburg SP. Seems like a nice state park However, it appears that alot of it's closed to hunting, from what I saw.

BTW...I almost stepped on the partially decomposed carcass of a small deer at the one creek/river crossing.

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Plenty open to hunting with some nice deer taken every year. Very thick and nasty and many times have come outta there lookin like I was in a knife fight.

·
Registered
227 Posts
That park is hard to hunt. If you are not familiar with it you probably will not see anything. I have spent years trying to figure it out.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Plan to hunt small game in Evansburg this year. Haven't hunt there since the late 90's, so a lot may have changed.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
If you can find a decent escape route to Private Land, Safety Zone Etc then you should be able to get into some deer, at least for the first day or two and then maybe the first Saturday. As was already stated, the park holds lots of deer and some quality bucks, but it gets hit hard. Use the pressure to your advantage, it's paid off for me and members of my family several times.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts