The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've browsed through more than a handful of the tribillion threads on the ESOS. I'm all for anybody that backs the folks pulling out, and expressing their displeasure with the shows weapon ban that Reed has imposed. Those vendors are standing up for what they believe, and probably missing out on dollars to get their point across. That said, are some here "knee-jerking" the other way ? I've seen calls to boycott ATV companies, and Insurance companies. What's next, boycotting Sham-Wow ? It seems that a frenzy has been whipped up, and mob mentality may be prevailing, as opposed to level thinking. Some folks have to keep in mind that executives at Progressive, Yamaha, or Sham-Wow, may have little to no interest in what the heck goes on with "assault" weapons. Some more than likely know little to nothing of what this fuss is all about. They are companies out there trying to make a dollar like everybody else. The American debt crisis tells me that consumers should laud companies that are keeping afloat, and support them and their workers.

To that end, I say support away at the vendors that pulled out. Tell them you appreciate their choice. But why "knee-jerk" the other way, and call for boycotting companies that may have little to no interest in "assault" weapon fights ? What's next ? poll every company out there, and find out their stance on assault weapons, calling for an American boycott of State Farm, Harley, Johnson & Johnson, because they simply may be neutral, or non-committal, and have no dog in the fight so to speak ?

It seems as though the "knee-jerk" can go both ways. Be careful and think sensibly.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Boycott Fleroo! He is on the fence!!!

·
Registered
6,534 Posts
Fleroo said:
I've browsed through more than a handful of the tribillion threads on the ESOS. I'm all for anybody that backs the folks pulling out, and expressing their displeasure with the shows weapon ban that Reed has imposed. Those vendors are standing up for what they believe, and probably missing out on dollars to get their point across. That said, are some here "knee-jerking" the other way ? I've seen calls to boycott ATV companies, and Insurance companies. What's next, boycotting Sham-Wow ? It seems that a frenzy has been whipped up, and mob mentality may be prevailing, as opposed to level thinking. Some folks have to keep in mind that executives at Progressive, Yamaha, or Sham-Wow, may have little to no interest in what the heck goes on with "assault" weapons. Some more than likely know little to nothing of what this fuss is all about. They are companies out there trying to make a dollar like everybody else. The American debt crisis tells me that consumers should laud companies that are keeping afloat, and support them and their workers.

To that end, I say support away at the vendors that pulled out. Tell them you appreciate their choice. But why "knee-jerk" the other way, and call for boycotting companies that may have little to no interest in "assault" weapon fights ? What's next ? poll every company out there, and find out their stance on assault weapons, calling for an American boycott of State Farm, Harley, Johnson & Johnson, because they simply may be neutral, or non-committal, and have no dog in the fight so to speak ?

It seems as though the "knee-jerk" can go both ways. Be careful and think sensibly.
Agreed!!

·
Registered
16,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Boycott Fleroo! He is on the fence!!!
Not on a fence at all. Quite protective of my 2A rights matter of fact. But don't want to get caught up in a frenzied, mob mentality, because it is the current chic thing to do if you own a gun. Calling for boycotts of fringe vendors that are pretty much totally disassociated with anything gun, to me, is crossing the limits. That, to me, is thuggish, mobbish, and uncalled for. Guilt by association if you will, just because they happened to have space rented at a show.

·
Registered
128 Posts
The Sports Show was just cancelled

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
thuggish, mobbish, and uncalled for.

Kinda sounds like some political party's spin on things.

·
Registered
16,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not intended to be political Redneck. Lauding and supporting those that pulled out is to be expected and commended. However, calling for the united boycott of vendors that simply rented space to try and sell a product, that really has no dog in an "assault weapon" ban fight, is just frenzy feeding. That's my take, and I'm sticking to it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts