The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Copy the stuff in the next post and send it to your email list. Let others get the word and pass it along.

Please, do not assume your friends know. Yo may be surprised.

Second, everyone has someone in their email contacts that will care and also pass along the news. The more the following gets passed along - the better our efforts to make a clear and very profound statement to Reed and the other anti gun organizations.

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Please give this email the widest circulation possible via your email lists and Facebook posting:

January 22, 2013

Dear Friends,

After much deliberation and conversation regarding Reed Exhibitions’ decision to ban Modern Sporting Rifles at the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show I announce my decision to pull out of the 2013 show.

As a member of the Board of Governors of the National Shooting Sports Foundation, I have been working, in good faith, with Reed to find a compromise to allow the show to continue at the caliber to which my fellow exhibitors, manufacturers and the more than 200,000 attendees have come to expect. After nearly a month of discussions, which concluded yesterday, I believe a compromise will not be reached.

While I will greatly miss the opportunity to speak with everyone who faithfully visits our booth to see our new product displays, my decision to remove The Sportsman’s Shop, and our exhibiting partners, from the show is based on my steadfast belief in the 2nd amendment and in doing what’s best for the industry, my business, my employees, my manufacturers and you, my valued customers.

In the meantime, The Sportsman’s Shop is stocked with many ”hard to get” products that we had obtained for the show. I invite you to come in and check our inventory. Thank you for your patience, understanding and patronage.

Sincerely,

Joe Keffer

Article:

"As a member of the Board of Governors of the National Shooting Sports Foundation, I have been working, in good faith, with Reed to find a compromise to allow the show to continue at the caliber to which my fellow exhibitors, manufacturers and the more than 200,000 attendees have come to expect," Keffer wrote on the store's Facebook page.

"After nearly a month of discussions, which concluded (Monday), I believe a compromise will not be reached."..........

According to Keffer, when he backed out of the show all 14 of those other exhibitors left with him. That list includes gunmakers Smith & Wesson, Thompson/Center, Ruger, Benelli, Franchi and Stoeger…….

......As of (Monday) afternoon, as far as I was concerned, the door was slammed," he said.

Reed officials did not immediately return a reporter's phone calls for comment Tuesday.

http://lancasteronline.com/article/local...tdoor-Show.html

Following the NSSF / Keffer statement the NRA pulled out the show as well:

NRA Withdraws from Eastern Sports & Outdoors Show Due to Reed Exhibitions Decision to Ban Modern Sporting Rifles
Posted on January 22, 2013
Due to Reed Exhibitions' refusal to reconsider their decision to ban Modern Sporting Rifles from the February 2-10 Eastern Sports Show in Harrisburg, PA, the National Rifle Association has decided to withdraw from the show. We had called on Reed Exhibitions to reconsider their decision; unfortunately they have steadfastly refused to do so. As a result, the NRA will not be participating in the upcoming show in Harrisburg or in any other shows hosted by Reed Exhibitions that maintain this policy. We are disappointed that Reed Exhibitions has ignored the concerns expressed by attendees, the outdoor industry and the NRA in not reconsidering their position to ban the display of Modern Sporting Rifles.
http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/news-f...amp;st=&ps=

Location listing exhibitors and experts that were to be part of the show now not attending (being updated with new withdraws) over 207 exhibitors, experts, celebrities, and others identified at this point and the list is growing. :

http://mynortheastoutdoors.com/esos-boycott-supporters/

Please visit the “Boycott the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show” Facebook page and like it:

https://www.facebook.com/BoycottTheEasternSportsAndOutdoorShow

( the page is about a week old and has roughly double the likes the Sports Show has!)

A time line of how this all came about from one of the first places to have the story. A true example of how an effort grows from the grass roots.

The first post:

01/14/13 07:51 AM

I want to give you guys a heads up so you can make educated decisions about how you spend your money at the Eastern Sports and Outdoors Show. I have recently received word from Reeds Expo (show organizers) that firearms retailers and manufacturers will not be permitted to display or sell "tactical" firearms at the show because it is a "hunting" show not a gun show. For anyone who has attended in the past you realize there is plenty of non-hunting related merchandise....like samurai swords... These firearms have not been restricted in years past. Their reasoning is based on the "political climate" and they claim they will reevaluate their stance next year. In this time when our rights are threatened please consider not attending a show and spending money with a company who does not fully support our 2nd amendment. Please contact Reeds (www.reedexpo.com) to voice your opinion!

Follow the link and the history of this boycott from that announcement and first public knowledge of the gun ban until today as the thread continues to grow as events unfold. :

http://www.huntingpa.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2924593&page=1

Please, post the above to your websites, sportsmen’s forums you frequent, or to others that can get the widest dissemination on the events in Harrisburg as they unfold.

Thank you!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts