The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping to take a walleye charter this summer for my 40th b day and was wondering does anyone have any charters they would recomment? I see the price ranges from about 700-900 for an 8 hour trip. saving money doesnt mean anything if you dont catch fish but then again spending money doesnt gaurentee it either. its still just fishing in the end right! thanks for any help

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I can only give you the experience I had. We've ONLY ever used Kevin on the Lucky Penny and have limited out with ease every single time.

One time he even fit us in when we decided last minute to book a charter. He got the morning group their limit and then picked us up for an afternoon session. We had a 4 guy limit in 3 hours.

http://www.luckypennyfishing.com/

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
You can't go wrong with Kevin AKA "Cowboy". He is a good friend on mine and can get you on the fish! He charters out of Port Clinton, early season and Erie later in season for both perch and Walleye.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
If you plan on fishing with the Lucky Penny, don't wait to long to book. He will sell out of slots fast.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Ciao. I never fished on his boat but he does well. I fish with a buddy that has his boat in the same marina. Ciao does well! I would plan a July or August trip. Biggest thing is the weather which is an unknown when booking in advance.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I have had really good times with Captain Frank Godina at TOP GUN CHARTERS. Very fair and a great guy.

·
Registered
9,145 Posts
Along with all the others mentioned, Buckets is another of the top tier charters on the lake.

·
Registered
441 Posts
We also used Lucky Penny and had a great time. He did not waste anytime, we even hooked a steelie. We had some nice eyes out of Erie at the end of August. I would say pushing 10 lbs, biggest we have ever caught. Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I fish the lake regularly with my brother on his boat, but decided a few years to back that I wanted to book a charter for my wife and I. We fished with Captain Ken Nulph (Blacktop Charters) and I can't say enough good things about him. I'd highly recommend that you check him out.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Another thumbs up for Blacktop/Capt. Ken.

Pick the right time of year to go (not too early or too late in the summer) and you should have a good trip with just about anyone.

Make sure you have room in your freezer!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I just booked with sea breeze charters out of Port Clinton for June 27 and 28. Pretty reasonably priced, plus lodging for two days. 20 boats in their fleet. Check out the website at www.seabreezecharters.com. I'll post a review after the trip.

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Aquamist
Buckets
Lucky Penny
Road Runner
Fish Tales

Have used all multiple times. We like Northeast Marina in August

·
Registered
154 Posts
If your looking for trophy walleye then base you decision on what part of the lake to fish that the larger walleye will be in the month you want to fish. A majority of the females just spawned around port Clinton and start their trek east. Late June in port Clinton can mean small walleye and long boat rides. If you want your best chance for a trophy by late June Lorain to pa border might be a better choice. Everything is early this year they are already catching the big females around Lorain. We were limiting last year out of walnut creek my mid May. I hope this year will be the same and keep me driving less.

·
Registered
721 Posts
We caught 23 keepers on Friday and 14 on Saturday. We did the cans area..and worm harnesses....we caught alot of smaller walleyes at 14"....and small 6" walleys.... I mean alot

The junk fish were fun for the kids to catch....but would troll the next trip as to get larger and fatter fish. Our largest was 2-22" and 3-18" the rest were legal walleyes.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I just went on a charter with a couple buddies of mine out of Ashtabula Ohio. Trophy charters. Capt. Walt Emersons. This year is his 30th year in business. Very nice boat. Good guy. We missed a 4 man limit of eyes by 1 fish. Lake got rough toward the end which made it hard. Plus we lost 2 about 40 foot behind the boat. This was my first time going with him. And I can't wait to go back next year. Again he has been in business for 30 years.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts