The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm new to fishing in Erie and had a few questions. First off is water levels... it's rained quite a lot this week and Im not sure if the streams up here will be fishable. Also, do you guys know any areas that wont be overloaded with people, I just want to go try my luck at a few without being over run with people. And lastly is a question about live bait. I went to gander mountain today and the guy said you can't use live minnows in streams up here??? He said something about a disease? Never heard of this rule but he said it was a big fine. Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
1. The streams are fishable. Good run with slight cloudy tint. 2. There is going to absiolutely NOWHERE that won't be covered up in people. 3. You may only use VHS free certified-Viral Hemorrhagic Septicemia virus (VHS)minnows in the lake erie basin or tribs that run into it. It is ALL OVER the fish regs book that you get with your license. There are a couple places in Erie that sell them and you MUST be able to present your reciept upon inspection if a PFGC officer checks you. They are dated and not saying you would do this but if you try and use minnows on an old reciept, you'll likely get nailed too.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot for the info... The last thing I want I do being a poor college kid is get fined

1 - 3 of 3 Posts