The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Idk why you would share that on a public forum. The only place a guy could maybe go in Crawford county and not have to worry about having the woods pushed out is now gone.

·
Registered
22,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i tried walking around in there the other day. went in off johnstown road and came back out after 5 minutes. chest high briars with 1/2 inch thorns and water over your knees. gotta find a better way in. hip boots will get tore up.

i gladly share all my info on public hunting areas with fellow HPA members...i dont own that place and its been open to the public forever. :)

·
Registered
22,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its a great area. take a compass :) until you learn how to get around in there. i plan on going back and look for a better entrance into the spot off Johnstown road. maybe along the creek.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I would just think with the way they drive bears in our area you’d want to keep a couple spots tight lipped. Almost all public land gets pushed in this area during bear season.

·
Registered
22,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the info. i didnt know anyone pushed that area. i really didnt :)
i wont be there for bear anyway. i get a tag just in case i see one during muzzleloader or deer rifle overlap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts