The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys no pictures . I know I left a camera at camp but couldn't find it. Anyway last night I had an 8pt come out 60 yds to my right at 5:00. He had his head down and he was up wind to me . All of a sudden he turned and started back took 2 leaps and was gone . I was sitting in some brush with a ghillie suit. I know he didn't see me or smell me. Tonight at 4:00 a bear came out 70 yds to my left. Stood up knocked down one of my scent strips and rolled in it. About 4:30 it left. At 5:00 I heard a deer to my right coming in. Sure enough it was the same buck as last night. This time he wasn't as lucky. Dropped in his tracks shooting Arrowheads, Victory arrows and GT 5 Strykers he set up for my new Equinox. It was a small rack. Our scales max out at 180 and field dressed he maxed it with the top of his shoulder still on the floor. I had a lot of trouble trying to get him in the back of the truck. But I'll remember this first x-bow kill forever. It feels good to get that rush back when you see a buck coming . I kind of lost that with so many rifle kills

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
Good deal Lou.

Was that the last buck in Tioga County???? LOL

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually Dutch I have seen so many deer this year! And many of them are bucks. Still a lot of bucks traveling together and not many road kills so the rut is a ways off . Although things may change tomorrow we are supposed to get 1-3 inches of snow in the pm

·
Registered
180 Posts
Congratulations, Lou. Sounds like you have a bear problem. You may want to introduce the bear to your new Equinox as well in a couple weeks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts