The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
One tablespoon to one gallon of water. Feed your plants at least once every two weeks. Works especially well on peppers. Put a tablespoon in the hole then stir it into the ground then plant the pepper You will see a big difference when you do this. It is magnesium and from what I read the entire east coast is deficient in this. I fed a neighbors peppers in Florida this winter and he was really surprised on what he got from three plants.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I started using it last year, and it really made a big difference in the yield I got from my pepper plants. I also put some into a spray bottle and spray my tomatoes and I haven't had any problems with blight.

·
Super Moderator
4,882 Posts
I use it every year on tomatoes and peppers. I sow several tablespoons into the soil around each plant. I also buy a box of paper matches and put a book of them around each plant.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I've used it for years. Sprinkle on leaves and put some around plant bases. The blue bags you buy at wally world have plant supplement info and application rates on them.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I've been using it for about 35 years,i take around 10 oz of epsom salt and 10 oz of urea and mix in a large plastic bucket (6 gals)let set for 24 hrs and then you can spray the leafs lightly once a week also make sure your plants are about 6" or higher.I spray all my plants from garlic to potatoes.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
npellegrene said:
Interesting, thanks for the tips. I am going to try this in some of my garden this year.
Then when your done weeding your beds you can pour the rest into a hot bath and soak your sore back

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
It was my first year using it. I mixed it 1 - 1.5 tbsp per gallon and put it on my peppers, tomatoes, and tomatoes. We'll see if there's any real difference. I've read some good things about it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I work in a commercial greenhouse and we mix Epsom salt in with all of our fertilize that we use. We water everything we grow with the same fertilizer mix, vegetables and flowers. We started using it last year and all the plants seem heather.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts