The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Central New York Oil and Gas Company LLC is seeking regulatory approval to use eminent domain, if necessary, to acquire land for its MARC 1 pipeline in Bradford, Sullivan and Lycoming counties. The pipeline could open new areas to drilling and would connect with three existing interstate pipelines to take natural gas produced from the giant Marcellus Shale formation to market.
EPA questions need for gas line through Pa. forest

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Ahhh, just the begining. If the drilling companies get listing as utilities, there will be nothing land owners can do to stop the eminent domain clause being envoked time and time again.....just as they will soon have mandatoy pooling which will also undermine landowner rights...say goodbye to the leasing agreement windfalls when that happens. I'm all for responsible drilling with both the landowner and the companies protected.......not happening with a sold out govenor at the helm.

·
Registered
24,757 Posts
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11116/1142065-100.stm?cmpid=localstate.xml

The comments on forced pooling were made at the K&L Gates fourth annual Appalachian Basin Oil and Gas Seminar in Green Tree today, an event that drew about 400 people, many from industry and law firms.

"Private eminent domain, I don't think that's right," Mr. Corbett said. "I was made aware that it's on the industry's wish list, but I don't agree. If I see a bill that contains forced pooling, I won't sign it."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11116/1142065-100.stm?cmpid=localstate.xml#ixzz1SDQWVShH

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Let's hope that is correct......I never trust a politician, especiall when they are talking.
The eminent domain though I feel is a smokescreen to keep the PA voter out of the loop. If these companies get their utility status, they will use it at will. If they want a pipline through your property, they will get their pipeline though your property. Granted current utilities have their infrustructure in place and really have little need for it.
The public will get a lot thrown their way whether we like it or not.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Hey timber
lets say a gas company wants to add aline next to its exsisting pipeline (Ex. Tennesse pipe line) does it have Eminent domain to do so ?

·
Registered
24,757 Posts
I would imagine they would have to get the OK from whoever held the original right of way in addition to the property owner.. Don't forget Eminent Domain is a last resort if it would even apply And the owner is still paid under Eminent Domain settlement a going market rate.

·
Registered
24,757 Posts
Have a line going in right across the road from my house... Originally a 60' ROR was obtained for a 16" pipe and a water line. Then things changed. Renegotiated with all the landowners for a 90' ROR to include a twenty inch line along with the 16" & waterline..

·
Registered
777 Posts
They own the right of way already, thier just widening the right of way to lay yet a bigger pipe line beside it.This is in Bradford county,Tennesse pipe line.Do you know where this runs?

·
Registered
777 Posts
I am sure you have heard of the Tennesse pipe line that runs from the gulf of Loisiana to New york city through Bradford county.They are laying a much bigger line beside it.(have heard of the demisions but can't recall now what it is)

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts