The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought that this may be an appropriate forum for a thread on envirothon due to the amount of younger people frequenting them. Envirothon was my favorite activity in highschool. I was just wondering if any of you guys participate in it? I was on the Western Wayne Lumberjacks 2005 and 2006 wayne-pike champs. I wish i could still do it.

·
Registered
609 Posts
yes i have but am in my freshman year in college so am too old now. the last 3 years we finished 4th,7th, and 2nd respectively out of a field of 20+ teams in Lancaster County. always had a fun time and it is a great event

·
Registered
526 Posts
yep, I did it for 4 years in high school for Ringgold in Washington county. We were 1 question away (aggregate scoring of 5 events) from winning and going to states my first year. We never won the county, but were always close.

Thanks,
Rick

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
casts_by_fly said:
yep, I did it for 4 years in high school for Ringgold in Washington county. We were 1 question away (aggregate scoring of 5 events) from winning and going to states my first year. We never won the county, but were always close.

Thanks,
Rick
Ringgold has won the County the last 3 years.

·
Registered
609 Posts
it is a competition for high school students in 5 categories of Wildlife,Fisheries,Forestry,Soils,and a Current Issue Topic that changes year to year which has recently had a "green" theme

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
There is also a middle school division as well.

·
Registered
526 Posts
WCO said:
casts_by_fly said:

Thanks,
Rick
Ringgold has won the County the last 3 years.

I guess that's what happens when I leave...

We were always the best on F&BC and hunting. Forestry and Soil would let us down. Glad to see they are doing well.

Thanks
Rick

·
Administrator
14,780 Posts
anyone have any links that they can post explaining envirothons for the people not familiar with them?

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
7 questions from the Envirothon hosted at Cal U. Water pollution biology questions.

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
It's an old test, by the way. lol

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
GalThatFishes said:
It's an old test, by the way. lol
I thought so. The County envirothon has been held at the McDonald Sportsmen's club the last four years.

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
brings back memories. i was on the envirothon team at mcguffey ( washington county) from 1991-1993. we went to the state competition in 1993. great experience for all involved.

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
Answers are:

Provided fines for polluters of "navigable waterways:
Refuse Act of 1899

Which of the following is not a test that helps to determine water quality
Di

What is meant by the term "anoxic system"
devoid of oxygen

Water use designations include
All of the above (I typed none in the poll, sorry for that typo)

Which of the following is not an example of degredation and pollution in our streams:
swimming

The determination of fish assemblages in a stream is one way of:
determining it's overall biological health

Pa has how many linear stream miles:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts