The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the archery season winding down this week, I'm thinking about getting into comp archery to keep my shooting skills in check during the off season. Was told that getting a backtension release would help. But I haven't a clue as to what I should be looking for. Anyone know of a good inexpensive release that I should get my hands on?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Try a carter solution I use it in the past and liked, I really did not like the stans but you should go try a couple differant ones

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
You are in the greatest neighborhood for trying releases. Sprint, don't run or walk, to Lancaster Archery. They will help you figure out if you need a hinge, thumb trigger, "pure" back tension, etc. I found the best one for me to learn was the Carter Evolution+. It is designed as a training release. I shoot that indoors, and use a Carter Chocolate Lite (thumb trigger)for 3D and hunting. I also use a Bernie's Knuckle Under as a change up. I'm going to play around more with a hinge for indoors this year for competition and keep using the Evo + for practice.

The best advice I can give you is pick one- stay with it- don't give up. It will take you quite a while to get proficient, then a lot longer to get good.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I reccommend archerytalk.com for a used one
the evolution is nice
It makes a world of difference when you learn to shoot with back tension and not punch a trigger

1 - 4 of 4 Posts