The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took out the crossbows this weekend …My son his Enforcer with victory bolts, me the Tornado and gold tip bolts….his fletch is green, mine yellow.
We decided to have a shoot off at 25 yards, so we placed a small sticker on the block target. My first shot about an inch off ...Johnny takes aim...

AND THE WINNER IS…Johnny and his Parker Enforcer and his 13 year old eyes...ON HIS FIRST SHOT

Shoot!!! and on Fathers day weekend too
, the kid has no respect.

Here is the grouping at 35 yards after we extended it out, no winner but darn good groups from both. My gold tip are starting to go thru the block.

Fun shoot off!!! I would recommend using old bolts....

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Rumor has it RB was blowing in the kids ear trying to throw him off.......gotta watch those old guys. Good stuff RB!!!!

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rumor has it RB was blowing in the kids ear trying to throw him off.......gotta watch those old guys. Good stuff RB!!!!
Trust me we were doing the clear your throat thing, swatting flies, making other noises guys make trying to throw the other guy off....

My kid is a crosshair king though, no matter what he is shooting.....he is a great marksmen. Taking after his mother in that regard.

SO the boy does not get too big of a head reading this...my Tornado is sighted in for braodheads right now, not field tips and i hade to move the crosshairs about an inch and half in that process from field point impact so I had a little adjustment to make...his has shot nothing but field tips to this point.
yeah that's the ticket...

We love these Parker crossbows..we really do, they are hoot to shoot and since we got two and can do things like this it has only gotten better.

BTW, after 40 yards the Enforcer seemed to get alot more sporatic in its grouping, although it was me doing the shooting then
...not really a hunting issue for us, but just a note to those looking for notes. The Tornado stayed pretty tight.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Thanks for the beyond 40 yards note RB. I haven't tried it passed 40 yards. I shot it at 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40 and some inbetween yardages as well. I will say mine shoots pretty sweet at 40 yards. My only complaint and its not really a complaint, let me rephrase that. My only wish is that it was a little quieter. Eventually, I'm sure Parker will be coming out with silencers like or similiar to what Arrowhead researched and developed. And that would be sweet.

·
Registered
18,720 Posts
I pity the deer that walks within 25 yards of one of your two man stands this fall. Good stuff and I am pulling for the both of ya for a double.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I bought the enforcer as well and I've been VERY happy with it, I gotta admit these xbows are just as much if not more fun then shooting my compound, So much so That I sold my DXT

Browntrout, have somebody else shoot at 20 yards and stand down near the target you would be suprised, its actually pretty quite, seems to be alot louder when your behind the trigger

Cody

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I gotta admit these xbows are just as much if not more fun then shooting my compound,
I agree with that, not more fun to shoot than a recurve instinctive with a bag of stumpers, but I do like them better than compounds. I don't have hunting accuracy with a recurve though which a 3D course will prove, and when it comes to taking a deer's life that is my Priority one, accuracy over fun. So the crossbow fit nicely in that niche, as it is deadly accurate in bow range and fun. Least that is how it came out in the wash for me.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
RidgwayHunter said:
I bought the enforcer as well and I've been VERY happy with it, I gotta admit these xbows are just as much if not more fun then shooting my compound, So much so That I sold my DXT

Browntrout, have somebody else shoot at 20 yards and stand down near the target you would be suprised, its actually pretty quite, seems to be alot louder when your behind the trigger

Cody
Thanks bud. My wife would probably be happy to do that for me. More like stand behind the target........lol

·
Registered
252 Posts
I just got the Parker Cyclone and got it dialed in..WOW!!!!I used to have a Horton (still good Xbow) the Parker's trigger is sweat!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts