The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
interesting, but certainly not unique to the gas industry.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
If I could get the amount of royalties that some of the people are getting around here I could be independent of milkin those darn cows!!

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't worry Jon, Buzz has his favorite truck you can drive if you dump the cows.......Rumor has it that he's making the Pizza this year....

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gia said:
kind of a bias view on the issue but still an interesting read.
Granted there is a biased undertone but besides that what's biased???? The fact that American gas as it was touted is being extracted by multinational companies and being sold on the world market, where the US would have to compete with other nations for that gas, thus driving up price and increasing profits for the company that drilled it in the US, such as China, Norway, Finland, Russia, S. Korea, Japan, etc.......what's in it for us????

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
The problem with gas is there is no demand for it in this country, yet. So, sell it on the world market, help with our imbalance of exports/imports. If we convert some of our coal fired power plants to gas, it would help us with independence. Or, if we had nat gas powered cars it would surely help our situation.

In short, we have an energy source that this country, at the present time, can't use.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
my favorite truck is my pickup. everytime jj drives it he wants to take it out some ol' logging road cuz he's to lazy to walk

dutch has a good point. until this country coverts to natural gas, we don't have the demand to meet the supply.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Buzz I've never drove ur pickup cuz ur glued to the seat, remember cole hollow? thats not what we were thinking when we told you to put on a drive!!
Onelongshot I don't think Buzz should make the pizza this year, after playin with those frackin chemicals all year I don't think we would want to eat anything that any part of his body has touched.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
you insinuating the heated seats made me a little soft......

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
No, yer soft in the head, so, the heated seats didn't do that. LOL

If we can get some cars powered by nat gas, and have home filling stations, we'd create demand for the gas, and won't need as much oil from overseas.

Honda makes a nat gas Civic, and I've heard that converting a car to nat gas is very doable. I just need a filling station here and in Tioga County and I'd be set. I think I heard that nat gas, run thru a car, is the equivalent of $1.50 gasoline.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
that would be a great start. a infrastructer built so it was pratical to have a car/truck powered bylgn. add that with power plants converting, home heating etc..etc..

ps. dutch, actualy i am hard headed .....thats how i tolerate being around those farmers

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The UGI plant down towards Shickshinny (between Berwick and Wilkes Barre) has been converted from "clean" coal tech. to natural gas within the past year. With the bad name the Nuke plants have gotten you'd think the demand for a new gas plant or 10 to supply the east coast would increase. But Oil and coal interests have a lock on the political lackies in DC and Harrisburg. Other countries are light years ahead of us in conversion from old tech to new tech.......a testament to the idiots we elect.

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
I heard you can put your own filling station in your garage, if you have nat gas to your home. I think I heard it was $4000?????

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
one long shot, actually there is a proposed natural gas power plant looking to go in near towanda. the link to that is on here some where, maybe under "couple impact article" ??

just for the record, the closeest i could come to making pizza.........ia making the call to order it. which puts me ahead of the farmer who still cant use a phone.....and if you want to hear a funny storey about him and cell phones remind me when i stop over for a beer?!!

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I will have to hear that one....... Between Jon, Steve and Tim it's a comedy show. Just watch for any little marking flags in your front yard, that means you'll be in their sights... Their a bunch of good guys......for farmer types.

I did hear about the one in towands, they were also looking at one in Taylor (my home town) as well as somewhere else down this way...... Lots of talk but nothing being done, they should start one right outside the Berwick power plant, they have the space, workers and lines already......what do I know, I wasn't elected.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So the feds just nailed a few companies up there (north central PA) having ILLEGALS working for them. So if the economy is so bad, people are out of work, how come there aren't more guys turning in these companies using illegals???? So much for helping out the neighbor or go USA!!!! Right???? Goes back to my original thought on the companies. They are sneaky, will take advantage of all they can, don't care about you and will tell you one thing while doing the other......... So what you say????? I say they are here to make the quick buck while paying the least amount they can.....it's not about you, me, America....it's about dividends on Wallstreet.....that's all! Welcome to the new America!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
at least one of the companys you refer to is a private contractor, not ngas comp. the illigals are the ones doing the siesmic testing, the ground crew who actually carry the cables over the terrian, up hill, through the swamp...etc etc. they chase theese cables all day, no matter weather conditions. very tough work.....and thwere lies your problem, they usually cant find enough usa citizens willing to work like that! thats a sad thing to say, but it is true. the majority of todays youth expect a 40 hr job behind a computer.

it takes 15/20 guys to run siesmic crew....try to find that many workers willing to do that every day?

i am in no way defending the comp's who hired illigals, just pointing out the reason why......

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cut the welfare programs and shorten the unemployment benefits and you'd be suprised who would carry cables over the mountain (I know I would to support my family and have done harder work when I was layed off)........the jobs are there but why take a job when the govt' sends you a check every month??????

1 - 20 of 22 Posts