The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, if any of you know me I am pretty big on custom guns and love them a lot. I have been thinking about getting a Pro-Hunter but don't really know much about them. I have been on the eabco.com web site and like some of the options that they have and have really become interested in them. So here comes my questions:

What type of accuracy can be expected from these rifles? I do reload and am not satisfied until I get 1/2 MOA out of a rifle. Is this a realistic goal?

Are their any guys out there that make fully custom Encores for you or do you have to sort of build them yourself?

Who makes the best barrels for these rifles? Price isn't an issue and again I am after 1/2 MOA or better from regular hunting calibers.

Finally, what is the repeatability accuracy of these rifles? If I shoot one in, take it apart, then put it back together am I looking at getting the same accuracy?

Thanks for answering my questions on this topic, I have zero experience with these rifles and would really like to see some opinions, especially on some aftermarket options that will make these things shoot the lights out.

Mac

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
You can get sub moa groups all day long with hand loads. If you go to the T/C website they have a custom shop that you can get what ever your heart desires. You can build the gun any way that you want to. I would just with the T/c brand of barrels. Do not go with the Berga knock offs. You will not be buying American and you will not get the quality. Anything that T/C sells they back up 100% and their customer service is the best that I've ever seen.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Once you try one you'll love it. I have 7 or bbls now, from 204 Ruger to 416 Rigby. The only one I can't seem to get under one inch is the Rigby. But 2 inche at 100 is plenty good for me with that one. The others will cut a ragged hole at 100 yds (With the right handloads that is)I also agree with duckman stick with TC bbls

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Factory brl can and will do sub MOA groups, you just going to hand load to get there.

My 223/25-06 will do 0.8-0.9 at 200 yards with a 3-9x40 scope/4-18x40 scope respectively.

If you are looking for a custom brl use MGM or OTT and forget Fox Ridge/Eabco. It will run you an additional $50-75 to go with MGM/OTT over FR/EABCO, but it worth the money.

As a side note.. if you are looking to hunt next year with a custom brl order it Jan 2nd and you MIGHT have it by September 2010. I called last summer about getting a custom brl made, both places laughed at me and said I'd be lucky to see it before April.

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Really, I was reading on MGM's site that they try to turn out barrels in 4 weeks. Is this not the case? I was thinking about getting a 7mm Remington Mag barrel, a .35 Whelen barrel, and a .450 Marlin barrel. I am still at odds as to what to do. I really like the guns, so I will probably end up doing it. Thanks for the information.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
All of my barrels are from T/C and they are sub moa without any tweeking.

Dave

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
I have only one custom barrel and it's a 17 Rem CF. Shoots outstanding with factory ammo and reloads... Funny..any of the powder that I use to reload all shoots well. I am going to have to take them all to the club and see which one is the best powder.

All my other barrels are T/C's and they all shoot outstanding....By the way if the barrel is bad T/C will gaurantee it for life. So if something not working for you they should replace it.

Many people to get better accuracy use an 0 ring on the forearm screws and carve away some of the forearm... As of yet I have not had to do that...

You will also see many people on here comment that the special hinge pins are rip off.

Sounds like your the kind of person that will make your firarms shoot 1/2 or better...If your like that you should not have a problem making the Encore system work for you.

Maybe you should start off with a 22 Hornet, 204 Ruger, 223. 22250 instead of going right to a Magnum caliber....

Your going to have to decide what material your stocks your going to use too. Wood, or Synthetic....Me so far I like the wood but synthetic is not half bad either.....

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
I agree...all of my TC brls are sub MOA.

My .308 cuts holes at 100 yds.

Im no marksman, but the Encore makes me look like one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts