The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...someone has to have a way.

Lets see some pics of how your store your Encore brls.

Getting a new safe and Im converting my old safe into an ammo and Encore storage safe. I just have to figure out how to hang the brls.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I have frames for all my barrels BUT did see one guy who used dowels in the barrels so they would stand in the gun safe slots.

Dave

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have My frame with a barrel pinned on and another sitting beside it in a double rifle case. works great...still working on the wife for a safe!

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
TCProhunter
Use the children angle for getting the safe(If you have any young enough)It works good!! LOL
If that angle fails tell her she could keep some of her more expensive pieces of jewelry in there to guard against theft------LOL
I will think of more for you if those 2 fail!!!!!! LOL
Dave

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TCP...watch leaving a gun in a case like that. I just pulled a gun out of a case a few weeks ago and it was soaked with condensation and covered in rust. UUUGGGG

·
Registered
750 Posts
Dependant on how your safe is configured, you could fashion a hanger to hang in place of the "gun rests" that would go through the hinge pin hole. Or make a plate on with dowels going up for the barrels to fit on, However I prefer to keep things away from my rifling. Unless its a patch/brush/projectile.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jon8777 and I have been talking about this for months. He found this on another site. I think this is what we might try.

The problem is finding the plastic. Right now the only place we can find it is online. Any idea where you can buy stuff like this?

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ebay search for UHMW (thats what the plastic called)

all kinds of different sizes pieces available

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Thanks Ace BUT does anyone sell the finished product shown in the Pic???

Dave

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not yet

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
That almost looks like the kind of teflon that I had used for some motorcycle parts that I made and I think that it may have been purchased out of the Graingers catalog, If I get a chance I will try to find it again.
Care to share any measurments on the one already made in the pic?
Great idea and it looks good, I just may have to make one for my safe.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I got a safe this past weekend. I purchased the 10 gun safe from tractor supply by sentry safe. Its nothing special, just something as a deterant for would be thieves. And yes, I did bolt it to the floor and will be bolting it to the wall as well this weekend.

The plastic in question, I believe is Derlin. We machine a lot of that in my machine shop I work at.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Woodsrat...I dont have any dimensions. I swiped that pic from another forum that my buddy found.

tcpro...hook a brutha up...send a nice chunk of that stuff.

·
Registered
370 Posts
They keep pretty close tabs on the material we have on stock. But I do know someone that knows someone...lol I will see if they have any laying around in the scrape bin. Highly unlikely though.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
When you start production(or someone else does)let me know-I would be interested!!! LOL

Dave

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Its not worth it TCP...I'll just buy a chunk on Ebay.

Im pushing the idea, but my buddy will be the brains behind making it. He is the craftsman...I just need something to hang my barrels on. LOL

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Keep me posted it anyone figures out any dimensions.

I will ask a guy that does some machine shop stuff for us if he knows any other place to get it.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just won some on ebay tonight...rather cheap.

So I'll be putting the ball in Jon8777's court as soon as the shipment arrives. I'll keep ya posted on how things progress...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts