The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy up the road has a UTV enclosed with heater/AC, Snowblade,small dump body....Does anyone on here have anything similar, tell me about it, cost,ability to push snow, etc..I don't want to ask him he might stray a little with the facts , if you get my drift....Don't even know what it is, not a JD.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have a 2010 Polaris Ranger 800 XP with a full cab. I only use it in the summer so I don't have a heater, but I could easily install one if I wanted to. I also don't plow snow with it in the summer either, but there is no doubt that it would do a fine job doing that if I wanted or needed to, as many people do plow snow with them.

To get an idea of costs, you can go to the Polaris website, and "build" one with the various options that Polaris has available, and that will also give you a pretty good idea of what a new one would cost -- they aren't cheap by any means. You could buy a used pickup truck with a plow for what a new one of these UTVs cost. There are other UTV manufacturers, including Honda and Kubota, to name just two, and I believe their costs are similar to Polaris.

Some of the features I have on my cab (it is all fiberglass) are locking doors, roll down side windows, tilt open front window and sliding rear window, all in glass. I don't have windshield wipers, but I'm seriously thinking of getting a new Polaris this summer, and would get the full cab with wipers on it if I do. I'd think a heater in the winter, with a cab on it would also help keep the windshield clear, but I don't know if they have a defroster like a car or pickup truck does. Oh, and you can also buy cabs or enclosures, made from steel, poly, or fabric, and you can get them with poly windows or glass.

My 2010 Polaris is pretty well equipped and cost somewhere in the $18,000 range. The 2014 Polaris 900 XP that I have spec'ed out would be in the $23,000 range. A few guys have them super equipped and spend $30,000.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have a ranger crew with a cab and heater. The heater works surprisingly well. You can take your jacket off and still be comfortable in single digit weather.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
There are many options for many machines . You need to pick a machine , then search enclosures & plow acces. Cloth or vinyl cabs are the least expensive . Plows & adapters and winches to operate them will be about $1000.00 . Best to get a heavy duty battery so the constant winch use won't drain it . I decided to just keep my snowblower . Much cheaper for all I have to clear . JMHO

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
RonM said:
I understand this one was about 24 grand.....too much for me to bite off.
WOW ! Must of been one of the Industrial models . Kabota or Bobcat . Of course , the way you described it , he has alot of add-ons . They can add up the cost REALLY fast . If your still looking , put the word out to your local dealers as to what you want . Then , only buy a used work machine ONLY IF the dealer has faithfully servised the machine . They will then be able to give you an honest opinion of it's condition verses asking price . Good luck .

·
Registered
52,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
24 Grand is what he told the neighbors, as I said earlier he has been known to embellish a story and distort facts, in other words you cant believe anything he tells you...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts