The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The time has come for this young girl to get her chance at deer hunting next year. She will be 10 tears old. Thanks to the mentored youth program. She has nothing but the desire to hunt and trap. She has been squirrel hunting and she is quite the trapper. This is the girl that would shed tears when I would go turkey hunting and she couldn't go with the opportunity to harvest one.
I thought I would start this thread now....with photos to come of her mom and me as we prepare for next year.
I hope all will enjoy this year long journey.
To be continued....

·
Super Moderator
26,973 Posts
Great to hear

Best of luck, and keep us informed.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Made this a sticky post per request so we can follow Emma's story as she enter the ranks.

TrapperB, look forward to hearing the updates and please remember with kids there are no small achievements so please keep us up to date on it all doesn't have to be a huge accomplishment to make it here, I am looking forward to this.

Best of Luck!

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
This is awesome! I for one am excited to see this all taking place. This will be an absolutely fantastic topic!

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
trapper,

Great post. I really look forward to read along as Emma falls in love with the outdoors.

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
Best of luck to you both! my daughter will be nine soon and can't wait to go deer hunting. she has been on a few squirrel hunts and some groundhog hunts but this upcoming year i will introduce her to deer hunting. it will be nice to follow Emma's path and compare notes along the way!

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
good luck to you all and especially Emma

i know what you mean with the crying though. My 3 year old sister cries every saturday morning when we are all walkin out the door and she stays with mom

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you all for your comments. We are really looking forward to this. Will be posting some pics after Christmas.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Good luck with Emma I hope you get same kicks and memories I have with my boy!
Last Saturday of buck season I watched a fellow with his daughter,she was getting dressed in back of mini van and made him turn around while she got dressed, holding her clothes and handing them to her then ty'ng her boots, packing her pink back pack(Myley whoever style) and off they went.
He was a big ole' rugged dude who went down the trail holding a Pink back pack and a rifle!
I was really proud of him!
You go Emma!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Howdy all!! I am the proud mama of Emma and have to add the next step in this process. I searched high and low for a suitable youth model rifle for Emma for Christmas. Why are youth model rifles so darn heavy? The only one that wasn't a ton was a fortune. I made a hard decision. I own a 30-30 Winchester Ranger that is light and accurate. I love it dearly and shot my first deer with it. I guess I should say I owned a Win 94. I gave it to Emma for Christmas.

I bought her some new camo pants, gloves and a nifty gun strap with collapsable shooting sticks attached. She was a happy lil hunter for Christmas.

I am going to post pictures of Emma as soon as I figure out this card reader thingy that I bought. My old computer had a slot for my memory card built in. I sure miss my old computer.

OH! Trapper took Em out back to target practice with her .22 she hit 12 out of fifteen shots. She is a nifty lil girl. I am very proud of her. She is also learning how to knit. Some boy is gonna see the gem we are raising here someday!

Rusty

·
Registered
92 Posts
Introducing Emma, You will notice she is often in camo.. and a little bit of a ragamuffin.. but we adore her!

·
Registered
92 Posts

Sorta fearless.. she loves Salamanders..and other wiggly, slimy things..

She catches her own bait fish..and only a lil person with tiny fingers can hold a pumpkin seed by the lip..

She loves her fishing pole and this is her favorite fishing hole complete with a beaver house.

Her second racoon trapping success. She stared him down...

You caught it you carry it. This was in our backyard so it wasn't a terribly long carry.
Well, that is a little intro to Emma.

·
Registered
92 Posts
OOOPS!!!!!!!!! Trapper pointed out I forgot to post a pretty important one. This was her 8th birthday and her second gun. Convertable Rossi .410 to .22 single shot.

This is what she is target practicing with currently. I think I mentioned the 12 out of fifteen success rate.. open sights.. no I'm not a proud mama.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Looks to me like she's already in love with the outdoors!

Nick my last post to say: I'll follow along as she CONTINUES her love with the outdoors!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts