The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Emily's been hungting with me for three year now and she finally filled a tag. Last year she had the chance on three small yearling. I told her to shoot when she felt comfortable with the shot, she looked at me and said they'll be bigger next year.

Our schools district has been closed the first Monday and Tuesday of deer season for the last few year. So this morning, Emily and I head for the stand above the pond, kick four deer out on the way up. At 8:30, she looks to her left and this buck comes walking in. She tries to find him in her scope but it's been raining all morning and her scope is fogged over. She finally gets it cleared while the buck is standing there watching her. She pulled the trigger on the 243 and he only went about 20 yards.

It's been a good year so far. Rachel and I got deer during the early youth and muzzleloader season and now Emily gets a buck. All the deer were gotten within a 100 yards for each other.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
HEY why aren't you at work???
(me? I am on lunch break)

CONGRATS EMILY!!!

You and your sister likely know how darn proud your Dad is of you in all that do, but I have discussed alot with him over the past few years ...softball, basketball, volley ball and a little hunting too...but not sure I ever see him get as excited as he does when he tells me one of his girls hunting adventures, looking forward to hearing this one tomorrow for sure.

Tom...I know what it means to you , So happy for you all! A great year indeed.
ENJOY YOUR DAY!!

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
The smile says it all. Congrats to Emily on a fine Buck.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Tom, how's the grinding going??

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
John, we got a system going. I'm doing the cutting and Emily and the wife are doing the ginding.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
That beats my system of "Dad is cutting deer today, let's go shopping"...

·
Registered
226 Posts
Way to go emily, and that was a very responsible and respectable decision to let the little ones walk.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts