The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight was my oldest daughter Emily's turn to hunt. We got settled into the stand after school and work at about 4:30.

At about 5:50 a doe entered the field to our right. It was just getting into shooting range when it heard something back in the woods. Not sure why, but it took off back into the woods. About 5 minutes later it and another one came back into the field. The fed for several minutes until the one finally got turned to where she could shoot. At that point the doe was only about 10 yards away. At the shot, the doe bolted directly towards us and I thought that it was going to hit the blind. It veered off at the last second and went about 10 yards past the blind. It stopped stood for a few seconds and then toppled over. This was a 6:00. We decided since it was still early that we would get of the blind, tag the doe, and then get settled back in. Here is a pic from the phone.

We got back into blind at 6:07. The quick trip out to the doe didn't help settle Emily's nerves. She was still shaking pretty good. We were still talking, texting Mom and celebrating when I looked over to my right and see a buck entering the field. I told her she better calm down quickly, because she was probably going to get another chance. He ended up feeding to almost the exact spot that the doe did and the arrow once again found its mark. This one made it about 40 yards into the woods. We gave it about 45 minutes since we didn't see it drop before taking up the trail.

What a night. Two deer in about 15 minutes.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Team cspot is more entertaining to watch than network television (BY FAR)!!! CONGRATS Emily and to you Craig!!!

BEST of luck and continued success!!!

·
Registered
12,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
PennDude said:
What a great hunt! Is that a turnip field in the first picture?
It is Biologic Outfitter's Blend. It has winter peas, brassicas, and some other stuff in it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts