The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
12,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasn't the best weather tonight but the results ended up pretty good. We were setup in an old apple orchard in a pasture field. Took this pic shortly after getting into the blind. She ended up shooting the buck in the opening on the right.

About 6:30 we had 2 doe come in and as they were getting into range they got spooked and headed back up into the woods. Just before 7:00 this buck appeared in about the same place as the doe. In about 15 seconds he got within range and in the opening. She let the arrow fly and hit it perfectly. He went about 50 yards and then we saw the white belly appear. It was a 10 point that we have seen quite a bit this summer. The downside is that the fog set in and most of our photos were horrible. This is the best one of the bunch.

Here is a trail cam pic taken about 20 yards from where he was shot.

·
Registered
19,564 Posts
Wahoo!! I was getting some play by play as it was unfolding and I could not be happier for the father and daughter duo with this great Pa. buck. Congrats to the both of you and thank you again for your dedication to bringing up our next generation with a love for the outdoors!!

Congrats Emily!!

·
Super Moderator
3,952 Posts
Outstanding, congrats to both of you!

·
Registered
12,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
TBrom said:
Excellent!! Congratulations Emily. Did dad let her take the school day off today to celebrate??
I should have got a day off of work instead! She is just like her mother. Somehow I end up doing all the gutting, dragging, and skinning while she stands there. LOL.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts