The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I applied for an elk tag yesterday for the first time ever. I asked for no unit preference.

My question is...does the Game Commission contact you if you're lucky enough to be drawn? There was nothing on the license or receipt that even indicated that I applied except for the higher cost of the license.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
yes you get contacted
you dont get any type of receipt
if you go online it shows you applied for one
once the drawling is over if you check back on line it will state if you were chosen or not

·
Registered
169 Posts
I know the last couple years, when I checked online after the draw they would not have it updated for a good while. But I know when my dad was drawn last fall, our answering machine message box was full from all the outfitters calling within a couple hours, haha. So you will definitely know if you were one of the lucky ones.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
slavage said:
yes you get contacted
you dont get any type of receipt
if you go online it shows you applied for one
once the drawling is over if you check back on line it will state if you were chosen or not
I got my license at our local court house, I got a receipt with all tags listed including the "antlered elk application" I did not specify a zone.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys!

ebeale said:
I know the last couple years, when I checked online after the draw they would not have it updated for a good while. But I know when my dad was drawn last fall, our answering machine message box was full from all the outfitters calling within a couple hours, haha. So you will definitely know if you were one of the lucky ones.
LOL! Too funny.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
You can also watch the live stream broadcast when they do the drawings. Not optimistic at all since Chester County is -0- fer bulls drawn forever.

·
Registered
11,144 Posts
I drew a cow tag in 2012. I was never contacted by an outfitter. Maybe they could not find my cell number since that is the only number I have. (darn..., lol)

I was the mountains of Colorado archery elk hunting when the drawing occurred. Once I packed out and headed to town I turned my cell phone on to have it blow up on me with friends texting, voice mail, FB messages saying that I drew, lol. I was able to log into the PGC site to see what zone and received a packet in the mail a week or so later.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I checked PALS and my "Lottery Status/Application" page says: <span style="font-weight: bold">Points accumulated-13; 2016 Elk Application- "Pending".</span> Bought my license at a local dealer. Much improvement over earlier years when you had to call PGC to ck on pref points etc.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Yup, 13 points... Maybe 13 will be lucky?

But alas. Chester County is -0- fer bull draw.

Holding out hope till I am too old to draw one.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Not to hijack the thread.... But what are the odds of getting a tag? Looking to see if I should try for a tag or play the mega millions

·
Registered
182 Posts
odds are better of getting drawn for a tag, I not sure if they said how many people entered last year but even if you go with a round number of 25,000 and go with a high number of those having 10 points that puts it at 250,000, round number of 100 tags that is 1 in 2500.

I was just making those numbers up but think it would probably be safe to guess less than 250,000 entries to be chosen from

1 - 11 of 11 Posts