The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my situation: I have neuropathy in my feet and can't walk very far. The only animal on my bucket list I have not taken is an elk. I would like to find someone who might take me along out west somewhere. I can hunt from vehicle, atv, or horse , as the method of getting into the woods. I don't care if it would be a cow or a bull. I can't afford a guide service. If anyone would be able to accomodate me I would really appreciate it. I realize this is a long shot and would probably have to be next season, health permitting.( or this year if an over the counter license area) Although I don't have a small tent, I can borrow one if needed.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I wish I could help you, but only been out west once last year for an archery elk/mule deer hunt. I also wish you the best at accomplishing your quest. What a beautiful animal and even more beautiful scenery. Can not wait to go back soon.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Easy to see why elk would be at the top of your list. Their beautiful animals and excellent table fare. I've hunted them twice in Montana and thoroughly enjoyed hunting them. Both hunts I came home with elk. There's an outfitter in Alder, Montana that does lodge hunts that are VERY reasonable. Elk are often seen right outside the lodge you stay in. Don't know if this helps but I wish you luck on your bucket list critter. Broken Arrow Lodge Erwin & Sherri Good huntin'

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Have you thought about getting a permit to hunt from a vehicle? I know Montana has that option.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts