The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I'll be applying soon as I can get to the Store to get my license. I'd rather have a Cow tag than a Bull tag if I get drawn

·
Registered
21,002 Posts
Lot of guys don't select the fall back option and potentially miss out on a tag for another unit.

Reactions: dv8pnt

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Why would you rather have a cow tag?
Because I shot two large Bull Moose years ago and had to get shoulder mounts done. It was great then because I had high ceilings. But then I moved and only had 8 foot ceilings. I kept those mounts in storage for a few years and then just gave up and sold them. The next time I went Moose hunting I shot a nice Cow and didn't feel the need for a mount and saved all that aggravation. The same thing would happen with Elk. If I shoot a big bull I'll have to have it mounted. Even with nowhere to go with it. So I'm just trying to save myself the trouble

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Because I shot two large Bull Moose years ago and had to get shoulder mounts done. It was great then because I had high ceilings. But then I moved and only had 8 foot ceilings. I kept those mounts in storage for a few years and then just gave up and sold them. The next time I went Moose hunting I shot a nice Cow and didn't feel the need for a mount and saved all that aggravation. The same thing would happen with Elk. If I shoot a big bull I'll have to have it mounted. Even with nowhere to go with it. So I'm just trying to save myself the trouble
In most cases I honestly prefer Euro mounts over getting them taxidermized and bonus is they don't take up nearly as much space.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Who is forcing you to have these animals mounted?! I doubt your wife! :ROFLMAO:

I like to just save the antlers and skull plates of a lot of my animals. Put them down in the basement and look at them from time to time.

·
Super Moderator
8,688 Posts
I’ve got some moose and elk racks hanging outside on my camp and garage. People tell me, they‘re getting weathered, they’ll be ruined….

I guess they’re mine to ruin, I got plenty of both. I could store them in a garage, only to be sold at a yard sale or flea market some day for next to nothing. At least this way I get to look at them every day.

1 - 20 of 166 Posts