The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Theres a cabin ill be going to off of the Quehanna highway in Elk county about 5 miles from Medix Run Hotel.

Antone ever fish in Medix Run off of the Medix Run Grade road? Any other fishing places nearby that are good?

Does anyone know of any freshwater springs nearby? A friend of the family that owns the cabin explained but he lost me.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I have fished Medix Run. It is stocked with trout by the fish commission and the fishing can be good depending on stream conditions. Other stocked trout streams in the area are Jack Dents Branch,Mix Run,Hicks Run,East Hicks Run,Wykoff Run,Driftwood Branch Sinnemahoning,First Fork Sinnemahoning,Gifford Run,Parker Dam and Laurel Run from Parker Dam down to Abbot Run. The duck ponds off of Munn Farm Road have pickerel and panfish,George B Stevenson Dam has smallmouth bass and panfish and is also stocked with trout,Shaggers Inn pond looks good for panfish and bass but I have never fished it. Almost any stream in the area has native brookies in it provided it is not too polluted from acid mine run off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts