The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A week ago I had surgery on my left bicep tendon. 3 years ago I had the same on my right bicep. These coupled with 2 back surgeries I am dropping down to 50lb bows. Last night I impulse bought a 2016 Elite Synergy on eBay. I got a super price and know Elite builds a smooth bow.

So I know it will slow, but does any one have any other opinions or experience with these? I hunted with 160-180fps recurves for years so I am not concerned about the speed lol.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Not familiar with the synergy, but I do have a Energy. It is super smooth, solid back wall and shoots great. Mine is 60 pounds.Im sure the synergy will make you happy. I hope this helps ya? Goodluck with your recovery.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info and the well wishes.

Normally I would never buy a bow without shooting it, but by the time my arm heals enough to shoot, it will be too close to the season to mess around bow shopping. So I wanted to have a bow here ready to go. I did a lot of research and every review talked about how smooth the Synergy was and that is what I need this year.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Squirrel, I have a 2015 Synergy in all Max 1 Camo. It is setup at 28" and 50-60# Limbs. I am absolutely in love with this bow. It is not going anywhere. IMO the best hunting bow on the market. Hopefully you heal quickly and you get after them soon. Good Luck. If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thought I would post a pic. It's not really setup, stuff is just bolted on since I am still a mono-arm.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. I am excited to actually shoot it. Hopefully by the end of July or early August my arm will be healed enough.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I own an Energy 32 (hunting bow) and an Energy 35 (target bow). You made a good choice. I'm sure you will enjoy that bow once you heal.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Squirrel move your string stop closer to your string... It is suppose to be 1/16" from the string.... It looks a little further away then that..... Good Luck. Great looking Bow by the way. I have the same thing in MAX 1 Camo if you interested in a trade BTW.... Doug

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Since shoulder surgery,I shoot a GT500 at 53 lbs. With my 3d arrows (318 gr) it shoots 283. With my hunting arrows (404 gr) it is 268.

You won't be much slower with your Synergy. Enjoy it

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Buckeroo said:
Squirrel move your string stop closer to your string... It is suppose to be 1/16" from the string.... It looks a little further away then that..... Good Luck. Great looking Bow by the way. I have the same thing in MAX 1 Camo if you interested in a trade BTW.... Doug
The string is getting pushed back by the arrows. I was using them to prop the bow up. Mine has 50# max limbs, I saw yours was 50-60. I may need to start in the 40's while I build strength back otherwise I would.

Ray thanks. I have two arrows here, both Easton. 400 Bloodlines with a 125 head that are just over 400 grns and Hexx 480 with 100 grain that is pretty light. It is 319 grns with standard nocks, 330 grns with Nockturnal. With weight tubes I can get them to 400 though. I am going to broadhead tune with both and then pick. According to OnTarget software the 400's are way stiff and the 480's are right in the zone with 100's but weak with 125's.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts