The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been reading into the 2013 ELITE lineup,anybody here a elite shooter? Curious on your thoughts? Need to get out and shoot some. Im looking into the Hunter,Answer and Pulse. Some people say there tough to tune? Any feedback would be great.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
I have an Elite Pure and its a great all around bow.I shot it in my indoor league and plan on hunting with it this fall. I prefer a little longer ATA bow like the pure 36 inches and 7 inch brace. I know a few people with answers and they love them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i also have a pure and my son has a gt500 they are both great bows they archery shop i got the pure from say they are easy to tune .

·
Registered
446 Posts
I have 3. a GT, Z and Pulse. Even though I shot a bow for 30 years I knew nothing about tuning bows. I think tuning Elites is a breeze, that's if you really want to fine tune them. With the binary cams, a twist in the string or cables can let you change so many things. I think some people say they are hard to tune because if the cams are out of synch, you lose performance ect. or if the bow is out of spec, you lose some performance. Having a draw board to check things helps if you like to tinker. My sons best freind has a GT. He loves the bow, he came over to shoot and I put it on the board and we tuned it a little and he really loved it more. I used to have to go to a shop just to change the weight on a bow, so if I can tune an elite , anyone can.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I shoot an Elite GT500. Once tuned they stay in tune. I don't think they are hard to tune, but a draw board is needed to do it right. Draw boards are easy to make & pretty cheap

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
I've been shooting my Z28 for 4 years now. I've had the itch for a new bow for awhile now, but can't find anything I like better that I could justify spending the money on. I haven't shot the new Hunter yet, but they look nice and are getting great reviews.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
RayRay said:
I shoot an Elite GT500. Once tuned they stay in tune. I don't think they are hard to tune, but a draw board is needed to do it right. Draw boards are easy to make & pretty cheap
I forgot to say if you make a draw board for tuning, you will need some sort of bow press. You can make them fairly cheap also.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for info guys. Hoping to get to LAS soon and do some shooting.Im sure they are capable of tuning it for me,I don't have a bow press.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
i shoot an Answer and dont see myself changing anytime in the near future. the bow is solid after the shot. doesnt move at all. smoothes bow i have ever pulled back. you wont be disappointed wit any Elite bows in the line up.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I just got an answer and its the best bow all around that ive shot. backwall is the best part of the bow imo. as far as speed i got 290fps at 70lb 29in 418 grain arrow draw with a loop and nothing else. was using a whisker biscuit to.. i was thinking about getting the speed mods.. does anyone have any experience with these?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I am on my 4th Elite Bow. Don't see me changing anytime soon either. You will not be dissapointed!

·
Registered
429 Posts
I love my Elite Z-28. I think the fascination with speed is overrated. Use your money for other options. The Whisker Biscuit is nice, but I upgraded to a drop away rest.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have a 13 answer. I came from mathews, and was sold the second I shot it. The 13 hunter was a close second to the answer for me. If I had been worried about a shorter ATA, I'd have went with it. My recommendation is to shoot one, you'll probably buy one.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
I have a wood dipped gt500. Its an 08 which I converted to 2010 cams/modules while dipping. The rest has been changed out to an original limb driver.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Wow! Wood dipped. That is very cool, I never saw that before. I like it!

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
John1985 said:
I just got an answer and its the best bow all around that ive shot. backwall is the best part of the bow imo. as far as speed i got 290fps at 70lb 29in 418 grain arrow draw with a loop and nothing else. was using a whisker biscuit to.. i was thinking about getting the speed mods.. does anyone have any experience with these?
The front end of the draw curve is essentially, maybe even exactly, the same. The difference is the valley...you could say that smooth mods "go down into" the valley, speed mods "fairly sharply drop into" the valley. Thus the speed difference...more area under the curve. I was shooting one with speed mods earlier this week and didn't mind, but could feel the difference. Personally, I don't know if I'd want them for hunting due to the fact that if you creep forward a small amount you're at full poundage, but for 3D they'd be fine.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
GUNNY said:
Wow! Wood dipped. That is very cool, I never saw that before. I like it!
Thanks, I thought I would try something different.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts