The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Looks good just be careful of the sun reflecting in the glass behind it on to the plants. May burn them.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks good just be careful of the sun reflecting in the glass behind it on to the plants. May burn them.
Thank you guys.
WilySpike, herbs do good in this spot. Thanks for thinking of that but sun doesn't hit that window until late evening.
We had a plastic tub here last year. She sat potted Herbs on top of tub, they did great all season long (at this spot).
Each time we cut Parley or Thyme or Basil we had to stoop over. Which gave me the idea of an elevated garden and no pots to deal with.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Very nice Hern. Would hate to see the cost at today's lumber prices........

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Yes they do. I would have like them to be a little higher up then they are will find photos later today.
First thing I did...ask wife to stand and extend her arms/hand above her waist. Her hands touched the back of a kitchen chair. That was the height I went with and drew up plans from the height. No bending...lol

*Bottom/floor of box I put 3, half inch pipes for cross supports. Then laid quarter inch, galvanized hardware cloth, screwed with stainless screws & washers. Finished inside bottom with landscape fabric. Hardware cloth & fabric with assure good drainage.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
That is what they look like with my local mom and fawn last year. They have holes in the ends for drainage that I would like to be higher I have 3 on wood and 2 on pipe.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Nice job, pretty impressive. Would have not thought about using pipe supports and screening, that's a great idea.

Don't think I'll show this to the wife!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts