The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone wanna share some ideas for a elevated blind? Needs to be archery friendly and enough room for two people. Feel free to post up pictures.

·
Registered
52,307 Posts
Buy a buddy blind from BassPro or Cabelas,about $100 or so, already contructed. put it up and strap it to a tree and it is moveable........

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I'm thinking about building one out of 2 sections of scaffolding that i acquired.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Here's mine. Built it in panels in my drive and hauled it to the top of the mountain and reassembled. It's covered with half lap asphalt roofing. Designed to "slide and move" with the sway of the trees so it isn't torn apart. 4 years and so far so good. If I were an archer, I would have designed the windows differently to shoot standing up.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts

4x8 main floor,2x4 porch/landing. scrounged aluminum storm windows (greased to make quiet).

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
oh,big buddy for heat, old computer chairs on wheels to sit,comfy for 2.

·
Registered
241 Posts
No plans, just sketches I made for the lumber list. I built the whole thing in my driveway in 6 panels that screw together at the corners. Studs were 2x4s ripped in half to save on space and weight. Shell is 7/16 OSB. Took it apart an hauled up the mountain on my tractor wagon and reassembled on the platform made from 4x4's. Outside is covered with half lap roofing. Platform is made to slide with the swaying of the trees to keep from tearing it apart. 3 years and not a single leak or crack.

·
Registered
15 Posts

I built this in the spring of 2013 put it up last summer . I shot an eight point last dec . It was nice ,warm ,two people fit very comfortably . Then I went to check on it this July and found this. It was one of the only trees left I. The clear cut.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Here is an elevated blind that I started to put up. I picked up some aluminum scaffolding cheap. Put a wooden floor (4'x6') with a trap door on the second level. Added some pvc conduit pipes to secure a tarp for the sides. Will add a tarp for a roof next. (don't want it to be too top heavy.) goal was to build something that i can easily move to another spot without too much trouble. Will also need to put some rock/stone down so it sits on solid/level ground.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
MarcM said:

I built this in the spring of 2013 put it up last summer . I shot an eight point last dec . It was nice ,warm ,two people fit very comfortably . Then I went to check on it this July and found this. It was one of the only trees left I. The clear cut.
Ouch! The positive is you have one sturdy platform.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah the platform is reusable the elevator brackets are great. The other positive was I wasn't in it when the tree fell.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts