The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand that Cabela's is selling hand held electronic turkey calls. They wouldn't be legal in Pa ...would they? Another lazy way to hunt as far as I'm concerned

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is comprable to the selling and buying of fireworks. They can sell it here you can buy it here, but you cant use it here. The problem i have noticed is PA hunters are purchasing these and using them. It would be hard to catch someone doing this. I heard of a half dozen people using these calls in my small town over the last three or four years. I spent half of my 20yrs turkey hunting learning how to use and master mouth,slate,&box calls! Our once great sport has become overpopulated in the last ten years anyway! Now we have some cheaters on board who cant seem to get the hang of the most simple calls! Hope you can sleep at night!

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
i gottta remember to change my text message ringtone come the season!! that would be my luck...a buddy textin me to see how im doin that morning and my phone gobbling while im [censored] chatting with a WCO....lol...thats my luck right there! the one morning i didnt put it on vibrate and one of the few times im chatting with a WCO it would go off lol....

but the others are right...they are illegal....

just like the stores selling deer bait etc...just because they sell it dont make it legal....

·
Registered
234 Posts
nutsy said:
I spent half of my 20yrs turkey hunting learning how to use and master mouth,slate,&box calls! Our once great sport has become overpopulated in the last ten years anyway! Now we have some cheaters on board who cant seem to get the hang of the most simple calls! Hope you can sleep at night!
Wow realy.. this goes rite along with the baiting argument its legal in other states yet you lable those guys Cheaters even tho its legal??? How is this sport over populated?? if your so worried about to many people using these calls why havent you told a Wco about the half dozen people that are "cheating" and using the Electric calls.

·
Registered
12,137 Posts
Ok think about it. You can't use an electronic call, can't use an electric call, (not sure what the difference may be) You can use a piece of slate and a coconut shell, you can use a squeaky wooden box, if you want. I think it is legal to use one of those old hand crank victrolas with the horn. (no electric) So it doesn't matter how primitive or advanced the apparatus, so long as the noise is generated with out electricity. So If I get Play School to make a pull string apparatus with a turkey call, (like my grandaughter has with the farm animal noises) I could make some bucks off the Turkey hunters who want to push the "easy button." Do you think the hunters would mind if it still had the arrow in the the middle to spin around.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Nope, no hand cranked recordings either. Unlawful methods or devices:

6) Any recorded call or sound or recorded or electronically amplified imitation of a call or sound of any description or any other call or sound or imitation of calls or sounds which are prohibited by regulations of the commission. The commission shall be authorized, by resolution, to adopt rules and regulations authorizing the limited use of recorded calls or sounds or recorded or electronically amplified imitation of calls or sounds when such use is necessary in the commission's judgment to protect the public health and safety or to preserve that species or any other endangered by it.

·
Registered
12,137 Posts
Back in the 1960's there were 45 rpm records of an injured rabbit that folks used to call in foxes. and folks used hand crank record players to play them. When did that become illegal?

·
Registered
730 Posts
it didnt... electronic calls are only legal for predators and crows.....they are ILLGAL for all other game (i.e bears, deer, turkey, ducks, geese, etc) EXCEPT for the conservation snow gooses season in March

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Wait until he gets a district and goes to a resturant to eat and finds it impossible to finish a meal that is still hot.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Or someone on your doorstep with a question, family get together's become "stump the Waqrden day" Wife calls you from work because someone there is asking her questions about seasons and bag limits...lol

Still the best Job in the world.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts