The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use them? Where did you get them? How much? Do they work?
My daughter has a health issue where her feet get cold extremely fast and the only thing I can think of doing/trying is battery opp. socks.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
i never had any luck using them,best best is get the handwarms and stick them in the toes of her shoes and stuff
they work awsume

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
I use them and they work great. But they are not made for doing a lot of walking. It can damage the wires. I sit... and my feet get cold easy too. I wear 2000 gram boots and electric socks. I get mine from Cabela's. About $24.00 I think. Just got a new pair this year. The old ones were not working as good anymore.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
tied them for duck hunting, never had much luck with them. i would sugest good wool socks(dry) and a good pair of pac boots maybe with the chemical toe heaters.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
They didn't work for me. Not enough heat is emitted from them. Actually, almost no heat is emitted from them and you have the extra weight of the battery.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not sure what to do. She said she may just not hunt at all because of this fact. I try to get her to take a walk now and then to get the blood flowing but it doesn't work for her. She's tried the warmers in her boots....no good for her. I guess the next thing is to build a heated blind or stand but I have to have the land to do it on first.
As far as her health issue....that's another post someday.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
I've only got 600 gr. thinsulate wader and goose hunt the Delaware to the very end. Last year we were standing among the piled up ice. It was cold. I use the toe warmers. They stick to the bottom of your sock. They're great. They also make an entire insole warmer. Try them. They're cheap; like a buck or so.

·
Banned
14,317 Posts
I use electric socks sometimes and love them. When I hunt to save the batteries I wait till my toes get cold then put the batteries in and feel that warmth start to come across my toes, well worth every penny spent.
And for your outdoor needs don't forget cabelas.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I have a pair that I think I tried maybe 3 times. I wasn't impressed at all. I went back to the basics. I use a liner sock to wick moisture away to my wool blend sock. I buy cold weather boots a size too big to allow extra room for trapped air and good blood circulation. I've even gone as far as wearing cheap boots and regular gym socks on my walk to the stand and then changing into the warm stuff once I get there. I do that because the #1 reason for cold feet is dampness and the walk in makes for sweaty feet.

·
Registered
7,690 Posts
I always wear sock liners to my stand and then I remove my boots, change sock liners and insoles before putting on my merino wool socks. I would suggest you try this with her as well as using the ArcticShield boot covers and throw in some of those body size warmers...may help.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I used them one day. They do work, however the wire that heats up is located under the toes and it will eventually irritate/cut into your toes if you're walking any distances.
I wear a pair of Merino wool socks and that is it. No liners cause I found that the liners actually make my feet colder. You want the wool against your skin, even if it means changing your socks on stand as others have suggested.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts