The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13,401 Posts
Homemade elderberry jelly is my all time favorite. When my grandmother was still living, we made a special trip to camp every year to do nothing but pick elderberries and some apples that she used for making her jelly. What I would give for one single jar of her jelly right now. I was too stupid to pay attention and get the recipe while she did it. OMG.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will need GPS coordinates and I’ll get you 100% confirmation. 😉

(I love elderberry pie; they are getting tougher and tougher to find these days).
I will need GPS coordinates and I’ll get you 100% confirmation. 😉

(I love elderberry pie; they are getting tougher and tougher to find these days).
90.0000N. 135.0000W. (The North Pole). Lol

·
Super Moderator
9,727 Posts
I keep tabs on elderberry bushes I see along the road. Can’t miss them when they got their white blossoms blooming.

I maintain there’s not near the elderberry around as there was 50 years ago. You hear all the time about the decline in songbirds as of late. I’m sure birds spread a lot of seed.

·
Registered
198 Posts
If you want to further id just got future reference, the branches on elderberry have raised dimples on em like Brielle. Best way to find them is mentally of gps mark thrm when they’re blioomimg. And yea you gotta stay on them the birds will get them. Even on the same tree the berries ripen at dif times so go I often hit trees every day or every other day for weeks

·
Registered
17 Posts
A bunch I grabbed yesterday on the way home from Dr. My girl cleans em. I don’t go crazy far out of my way but I’ll get about that much most days after work.

In the refrigerator waiting on her and a tart type thing she makeswith it. She makes jelly as well. View attachment 193428 View attachment 193429
Thanks for the add’l info . Would love a slice of that pie👍

·
Registered
649 Posts
A bunch I grabbed yesterday on the way home from Dr. My girl cleans em. I don’t go crazy far out of my way but I’ll get about that much most days after work.

In the refrigerator waiting on her and a tart type thing she makeswith it. She makes jelly as well. View attachment 193428 View attachment 193429
That looks very good. How long do you have to cook down the elderberries?

·
Registered
7,792 Posts

That looks really tasty. Try it with some Breyers vanilla ice cream.

My mom used to make elderberry pie, and we'd always eat it with vanilla ice cream. So good!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts