The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Mine always get about 3 feet tall. All I do is plant them deep to get good roots and side dress with 10-10-10 and use miracle grow once a week.

·
Registered
9,265 Posts
What do y'all do about flea beetles? I finally broke down and used Sevin, anybody have a less nuclear solution?

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
That is what I use, I used to use Rotenone but sevin is better.

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
1 question....

When are you planting your Eggplants?

Eggplants do not do well in cool weather....also they have a LOOOONG Growing season to make fruits... something like 105 days...so you have to start them early and KEEP them inside and transplant them a few times in pots till it is nice and warm outside, then take them out and plant them.....
Watermelons are somewhat the same way... you can plant watermelons when it is cool out and they will grow like crazy and get flowers on them, but if the night time temps are Below 65 when they set flowers... all your going to get is.....Flowers!

·
Registered
9,265 Posts
Mine seem to be doing ok. I even have a couple little fruits starting to show up.

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
C_Carr316 said:
I planted them about 6 weeks ago I would guess. Did I plant them too late?
Figure out the day you planted the seeds and count forward 100 days from it and then look at the first frost date for your area.

·
Registered
9,265 Posts
I was so excited today. I knew my eggplant had been blooming for a while, but today the little eggplants actually got big enough that they look like little black light bulbs starting to grow in. I've never grown them before and I think I'm more excited about them than about anything else in the garden.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts