The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found what looked like small puffballs. They were the right shape and were a little darker tan. I ate one small one about the size of a nickel and ended up in the emergency room. After heaving I felt better but the doctor said it looked like a stroke to him. But I am quite sure it was this mushroom. Never again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,867 Posts
When did this happen? I'm pretty sure I might of had a bad experience many years ago with a mushroom too, but I'm not positive. I could of been something else. I was 19 at the time and in Panama. We ate allot of the local foods even though we were told not to....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This was this past Wednesday. Sure made me violently sick. Never again. I have eaten wild mushrooms many times before.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
326 Posts
could have been a fungus on the mushroom or an something else. Ya just never know for sure. Porchinis grow in my area like wild but they vary so much in color and size and look like so many other mushrooms so I do try picking them
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top