The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering buying this sharpener. Anyone have any experience with this sharpener? Pros/Cons?

·
Registered
550 Posts
Forget all these wango,bango sharpners and just go to Harbor freight and get yourself a belt grinder (1x30) like all knife makers have.You can order your belts from Pop's in Georgia.With a little practice and the right belt like 220 grit you will be onyour way to the sharpest knife and won't take long to do.For years I bought stones,angle guides and all the other crap.Stay with a belt grinder and learn how to use it.Check out videos on you tube.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I am not familiar with this system but at first brush it seems much like a lansky. But much more expensive. A lot depends on what you are trying to do. A belt grinder is needed if you blade is really beat up sometimes. If you just need a touch up you can do that lots of ways including learning how to use a stone. Some folks use a piece of glass with different grits of sanpaper. Bottom line is there are tons of ways to get the job done and each one takes time to learn. I have been making knives for over a decade and I still am learning the best ways to sharpen. I even have a tormek now which is nice but I still hand sharpen when it just needs a touch up.

Ross

1 - 3 of 3 Posts