The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any recommendations on an ebike for use on State Forest ground?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I have a Cyrusher XF800 fat tire bike. I am pretty happy with it. I need to disconnect the throttle to ride on gated roads. No game lands though with any bikes. Mine has hydraulic disk brakes and full suspension with 750W hub motor for under $2500.

If you are going up steep hills and towing a trailer, I would recommend a mid motor instead of a hub motor. Then your derailer acts like a transmission for your motor.

·
Registered
21,567 Posts
I have two ebikes.The first is an M2S ultra.It's a beast all the way around and I've had zero issues with it.It's comfortable,has plenty of power and very good battery life.The only downfall is that it weighs about 80lbs but that doesn't bother me.I also have a Giant class 1 mountain bike with a 500w yamaha motor.My wife rides it most of the time and it does anything we ask of it.You have to peddle it but even peddling up a steep incline is effortless.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have been looking at E-bikes also. I already have a crazy full suspension bike that is not cheap. I can't provide a recommendation because I do not have one yet. But for hunting I think some things you need to consider. First, how are going to carry all your equipment? You will need racks on the bike more than likely. Second, a lot of hunting geared e bikes are fat tire bikes. Those bikes take a special rack to fit on your car if you do it right. A mid motor is probably better to consider the gear your will probably be hauling. A general rule, the cheaper the bike, the heavier it is going to be.

·
Super Moderator
14,675 Posts
I bought a Rad Rover about a year ago and it has worked good so far. I have it set up with both the front and back rack and also so I can attach my deer cart to the back rack. It worked well for getting some of my tree stands in this fall.

Dick Bodenhorn

·
Registered
279 Posts
My wife and i both have magnum e bikes they work great i would say get a step threw model a lot easier to get on with racks on them also the ones with motors on both wheels are pretty heavy my be to heavy to put on a bike rack you need one that is made for e bikes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts