The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I just love how Reed's legal team searches the dictionary for sugar coated words to use:

Defintion:

- Postponed: 1. To delay until a future time; put off.

- Cancelled: 1. Decide or announce that (an arranged or planned event) will not take place.

Folks ..... either you have it or you don't have it.

Don't insult our Intelligence!!!

·
Registered
763 Posts
They are waiting to see what happens in congress.If thing are banned we have no beef.But congress knows where we stand.I now geared to fight. .

·
Registered
723 Posts
It's just ashame all the business that relied on the show have to suffer another financial loss.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Gotta love the idiot Mayor LT comments, its amazing what goes through someones head when they have a room temperature IQ .... little does she know, its the sportsman who spearheaded this thing, not gun manufacturers.... I would like to see the show moved to a city that is not run by morons.

Statement released by the mayor after the cancellation of the Outdoorsman Show in Harrisburg:

"It is unfortunate that Reed Exhibitions of Norwalk, Conn., has made the business decision to postpone the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show scheduled for the City of Harrisburg in February.
"It is also unfortunate that legal gun owners and the many families who have enjoyed a long tradition of hunting in the beautiful rural environment around the region will be deprived of this major event because of a controversy caused by firearms manufacturers who profit from the sale of weapons designed for the mass killing of human beings.
"Many regional arms and outdoor vendors and related services have been hurt by the postponement as well. This kind of conflict within the firearms community is the result of years of polarization between the majority American sportsmen and hunters who exercise their constitutional right to bear arms and at the same time favor reasonable illegal gun controls, and a minority of NRA members who refuse to recognize the very real problem of illegal military style weaponry and the mass havoc such weapons facilitate."

·
Registered
207 Posts
Did anyone else see reeds statement on the news referring to the Sports and Outdoor show as a Gun show? It just seems counter productive to boycott and close down an event like this just because a particular type of weapon which most can not leagally use for hunting purposes anyway. The way I look at it is just because one type of gun owner is mad because he cant use a weapon designed and built for military use and protecting our country. recreational use of them is more of a hobby so how is this a success when you took away an excellent source of revenue for the state. Sure the show is cancelled but at what cost to our economy the sportsman show may show that we will all stick together believe in our right to own a firearm, but long lost is the entire point of this show it isn't just a shooting show, or an arms show. It was a Sports and Outdoor show.

·
Registered
320 Posts
its a good thing eveyone pulled together and did this anyway you look at this he was trying to bypass your rights.......... this isnt about a type of gun it about the 2nd bud sure the state lost money so did vendors freedom and our rights your rights are priceless

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Protecting our 2A is much more important than loss of revenue. Hunters, sportsman, fisherman, recreational shooters, etc. needed to do this to show solidarity. Some may lose money in the short term, but I for one have taken notice to the ones who had the courage to stand up for what they believe in , rather than worring about the almighty dollar.

·
Registered
556 Posts
This boycott had nothing to do with AR-15's, hunting, shooting, the economy, etc, etc.....It had to do with our 2nd amendment rights. Period. Why people have such a hard time grasping that is beyond me.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
When consumerism, materialism and the almighty tax revenue are brought in to defend Reed, I just shake my head. If all of those companies went bankrupt, that is better than sacrificing our constitutional rights.

And I'll say it again, I can use an AR to hunt. Just because it is illegal in Pa doesn't make one bit of difference.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Holy geeze, somebody is going to have a knee jerk reaction to that. They're legal in WV and a bunch of other states. I don't advocate using AR's in Pa to hunt illegally.

·
Registered
207 Posts
nobody says you cant own a gun or evan buy one so how is the second amendmant being trampled its kinda like cuban cigars lots of people smoke cigars but you dont hear them boycotting what they want to do just cause they cant have one type of cigar. so why are you broad facing all fire arms into one category? I can still gladly go buy my shotguns muzzle loaders and deer rifles, Why because along with anything laws have to evolve and make changes as product advancements change. So why loose out in the sport of hunting because some of us have to have everything and can't settle for a civilian arm, and just a question who actually is a member of a militia in which you would use a AR just reminding you why that ammendment was included in the constitution.

·
Registered
895 Posts
TheReezen said:
This boycott had nothing to do with AR-15's, hunting, shooting, the economy, etc, etc.....It had to do with our 2nd amendment rights. Period. Why people have such a hard time grasping that is beyond me.
AGREE !!!

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Ben, nothing against you, but maybe your not looking into enough about what these anti-gun people want. They want your guns!!!! They couldn't care less if it's a shotgun, rifle, muzzy, or a AR, they want them ALL!!!! ANY anti gun legislation is just a start, it will be pushed further and further until they reach their goal.

I'm not some kind of NRA radical, i'm just a regular "joe" who can see through this stuff. I'm no conspiracy theorist, but believe me, when it comes to animal rights people, and anti-gun peopole, don't trust a word they say. Anti-gun wants to ban ALL guns, they will just start with smaller battles like AR's, etc. Same with the animal rights groups, they start small battles, cougars in CA., bears in Jersey, etc. But the goal of the anti-gun groups is to eliminate ALL guns, and the goal of the anti-hunting groups is to eliminate ALL hunting. No matter what they say. You can take that to the bank.

Give them a inch, they will take a mile, is never more true than with anti-gun groups.

Read up on the gun control progression in England, and see where they are at today, and how fast it can happen.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts